Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Provides thought leadership for the account team in shaping the direction Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) takes within the marketplace with regard to planning, pricing and trade management on the Target National Beverage Team.
Leads development of comprehensive multi-year & annual business plans for customer team.
Oversees creation of retail price package promotional plans for all categories within customer.
Function Specific Activities:
- Works with Trade Spend Optimization lead to implement the principles of trade spend optimization within customer plan
- Stewardship of performance management routine for account leadership team
- Provides perspective on pricing & promotional ideas for gap closure vs plan
- Partners with Sales Leadership & Finance on determining incremental trade investments and pricing exception requests for account base
- Provides input to Finance Forecast team on mid to long range implications, CCF/Checkbook deployment, and guidance on key promotional events
- Franchise Leadership role in gaining alignment for price/package/promotion plans
Lead Customer Annual Planning Process:
- Stewardship of population of forecasting and Joint Business Planning models - work with account managers to ensure that account plans meet overall category goals (volume and gross profit) and are consistent with price architecture guardrails & retailer profitability metrics
- Connection point with Business Planning COE on inputs & direction for development of Customer Plan
- Linkage with Trade Spend Optimization -- Ensure that CCF spend requirements are met and that event optimization guidance is reflected with AIP plans
- Partner with Sales leadership on all multi-year / strategic customer planning - inclusive of non-price value added initiatives
Pricing & Trade Spend Stewardship:
- Evaluation of all price exception requests from within account base - accountable for conducting standardized COE directed analysis upon each event and determining business impact vs. plan for customer & implications within broader marketplace
- Partner with finance & sales leadership on determining incremental trade investment decisions that are within CCF $ allotment and within pricing guardrails
- Partner with finance on submission of any exception requests that exceed tradespend $ budget OR violate pricing guardrails - accountable for representing customer teams business rationale during approval process
- Work with account managers and finance owners to build approved price exceptions request business planning tools
Stewardship of Customer Performance Management Routine:
- Develop and steward all management routine requirements for account leadership team -- Inclusive of interpretation of weekly standard reports, development of monthly stewardship sessions and quarterly / trimester business reviews.
- Scope of responsibility includes all relevant internal & syndicated marketplace data systems - Sales reporting (volume, pricing, gross profit), UPF, Nielsen, Ad view, customer specific systems (e.g. Dunnhumby)
- Responsible for conducting all gap vs. plan analysis against volume, pricing & gross profit opportunities
- Provides perspective on pricing & promotional ideas for closing gap vs. plan - develops fact based evaluation of business impact for contingencies & gap solves
- Provides account leadership team perspective and analysis on competitive activity & position within account
- Coordination of all management routines & reporting needs with Business Planning & Performance Management COE
Provide Guidance on Customer Forecast & Checkbook
- Provides perspective and analysis to account managers and Checkbook teams on key holiday activities or special promotional events to better inform near term forecast (within 13 week horizon)
- Provides finance budget and Checkbook team an objective and fact based perspective on mid to long range (beyond 13 week horizon) business trends (inclusive of gap solves & new item launches) and implications on forecast guidance
- Partners with Finance on evaluation of accounts' full year CCF checkbook balance - ensuring accuracy in capturing events spend levels; provides perspective back to sales leadership team on most effective means of deploying CCF $'s to maximize performance vs category goals
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Level: MBA or other graduate degree
- 3- 5 years experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Experience in developing business plans / business cases; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Experience and comfort working directly with Customers
- Experience and comfort working in Microsoft Excel, and highly proficient in analytical modeling, pivot tables, and excel advanced formulas
- Experienced in developing Pricing & Promotion structures
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior execs w/ differing perspectives
- Collaborating with customer teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
- 8 -10 years experience, preferably in the consumer goods/beverages industry
- Large Regional Customer/TBT Planning
- Customer/Sales management experience
- Region/BU Planning experience
- Influencing Independent Bottler Decisions
- Strong analytical skills - ability to draw insights and actions from data; ability to develop volumetric & financial models that can accommodate multiple inputs from diverse data sources and be used for scenario planning
- Extensive experience with price/package/promotion plan development & analytics
- Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction within the marketplace
- Working knowledge of key data systems: planning tools (e.g. AIP, Scenario Builder, Price Simulator), syndicated marketplace information & data (e.g., Nielsen); forecasting systems (e.g. KAEP, UFP); internal financial & sales reporting; internal performance management & execution metrics (e.g. RED - Right Execution Daily)
- Experience developing and managing trade management programs
- Deep knowledge & experience base with core Coca-Cola data systems: planning tools (e.g. AIP, Scenario Builder, Price Simulator), syndicated marketplace information & data (e.g., Nielsen); forecasting systems (e.g. KAEP, UFP); internal financial & sales reporting; internal performance management & execution metrics (e.g. RED - Right Execution Daily)
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.