Position Overview:Implements a marketing/sales strategy for one or more of the organization's products/services to meet established sales or market share targets; conducts market research; monitors and analyzes product performance, market trends, consumer behavior etc.; monitors sales volume, revenues and costs against forecasts; oversees product development and design. Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area; works independently; may coach other professionals. Key to this role will be the ability to combine functional expertise with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a relentless focus on results and a great ability to create cross-functional integration with a very high sense of flexibility and understand cultural differences.
Function Specific Activities:
The Senior Brand Manager will be the ‘Brand owner' of Coca-Cola in the region, our biggest and most important brand. The associate will need to act with strong entrepreneurial spirit & relentless passion to maximize the brand & business results. That includes:
1. Understanding of local consumers and competitors with the support of K&I to ensure the growth strategy and plans maximize the brand business
2. Develop and drive the Brand Growth Strategy through the system, in coordination with the BU
3. Responsible for tracking comprehensive brand performance to capture learnings or provide course correction plan
4. Work in key HKTWMM shared projects from Shared Bets from communication platforms to strategy projects and be an active member of the Brand community
5. Responsible for the Brand marketing plan & calendar maximizing quality and excellence in execution
6. Leverage BU Shared Platforms in the activation plan and lead in partnership with the IMC team insightful and locally relevant activities
7. Lead the cross-functional teams to ensure timely and excellent end-to-end execution with close coordination with K&I, IMC, Commercial, PAC, Technical, Finance, Legal and the Bottlers.
8. Execute Brand innovation initiatives following Innovation processes and with a focus on excellence in execution
9. Ensuring productive and effective use of System marketing investment, with good understanding of System P&L impact providing input in OBPPC
Brand Planning/ Strategic Leadership:
1. Lead understanding of core consumer needs, consumption occasions and purchase motivations, together with competitive strategies and system capabilities to identify core business opportunities and priorities.
2. Leverage this understanding to provide input to the key brand strategic levers.
3. Support in the development of brand propositions locally relevant and refine brand architecture that will drive sustainable growth and profitability.
4. Build sustainable brand solution that will capture motivating consumer equities (based on an identification of core product and brand drivers) through conceptualization and commercialization of integrated product architecture and strategic brand experiences
5. Obtaining key stakeholder buy in to plans (including bottler)
6. Tactical planning (responsible for delivering vision and briefing with system)
7. Develop volume objectives, brand health metrics and plans to meet these goals
Project Leadership & Execution:
1. Provide cross functional project team leadership across key brand plan initiatives
2. Communicate clear project vision and engage core team to deliver against this.
3. Ensure that key project stakeholders are aligned with goals and embrace change.
4. Facilitate and influence bottlers relationship to activate brand plans & key projects
Innovation - Commercialization & Product/Pack
1. Execute short and identify long term innovation strategies to profitably capture consumer unmet needs.
2. Develop and commercialize product & package innovation for immediate and long-term implementation.
3. Actively partner with technical, finance and commercial leadership to convert theory into pragmatic business solutions.
1. Managing and collaborate with the business across all facets to apply resources to brand portfolio
2. Inspiring internal and external partners to deliver clear competitive advantage and maintain alignment with projects & plans
3. Develop feedback loops to build in information for process change and improvements
Operational Management/ Budget Responsibility
1. Management of volume and DME budgets for individual projects
2. Influence business performance by identifying/ driving marketing levers
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.