Position Overview:CPS (Commercial Products Supply) is a key part of the Advantaged Supply Chain of the Technical Function of The Coca-Cola Company. CPS manufactures concentrates and beverage bases for sale to bottling partners all over the world. This global organization manages a network of 19 manufacturing plants in 18 different countries along with 2 office locations (Atlanta & Drogheda, Ireland). CPS also manages complex additional materials supply chains (e.g. juice, coffee, tea, milk, etc.) on behalf of bottling partners.
As the CPS Production Manager, you will be part of a new chapter in the CPS history. The construction of a new concentrate plan from greenfield to operation, is a big and important project that do no happens frequently. The project from the early stage involves hard and long working hours, exclusive dedication, speed, proactiveness, and accountability to meet and overpass expectations. The new concentrate plant in Liberia is considered within The Coca-Cola Company as the new state of the art manufacturing center, and you, from your position, will be leading a senior management function, responsible to lead the Manufacturing Process and all related production activities.
This position is for the new Plant at Liberia, Guanacaste.
Responsible for directing and managing the manufacturing operations performed in a shift or group of production lines; controls production activities, material flow and inventory to achieve cost and quality targets and production schedules of the assigned production line(s); ensures compliance of standards. Leads/supervises a team of more than 2 professionals; typically without budget or hire-fire authority; focuses on mentoring and coordination.
Production Manager provides leadership, strategic direction and technical solutions to CPS Liberia Plant for the manufacturing of concentrate and beverage bases, to supply bottlers complying with Company's quality, environmental and safety requirements and developing the human capital in a safe workplace. The scope of responsibilities also includes Production Scheduling, handling of ingredients, finished products and packaging materials.
This position will also be enabling development of the desire winning culture in the new state of the art manufacturing facility, through a people plan to include capability building, high performance teams, organization design, communication and agile, productivity and innovation environment.
Your main responsibilities:
· Understand the business environment, strategy and people implications around building a new facility from greenfield to operate in a high technology, productivity environment. Foster teamwork to sustain adding value to the Plant.
· Provide leadership and direction to Production team. Inspire high performance through effective goal setting and performance measurement.
· Lead and develop the whole team assuring a safe place to work and a healthy environment to fulfil current and future Business needs.
· Defining objectives, assigning responsibilities and guiding all to execute with excellence in Manufacturing. Guarantee the right capabilities are in place for a timely and quality operation.
Function Specific Activities:
· Location: Liberia, Guanacaste
· University / Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
· Preferred Post-graduate degree, MBA.
· Supply chain and operational leadership roles in manufacturing operations in food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry >8 years.
· Previous experience in Manufacturing roles within CPS or equivalent organization.
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing relationships with diverse stakeholders.
· Advance Spanish and English spoken and written skills.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.