Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Sales Account Executive for Sam's Club is responsible for driving growth of the Coca-Cola Beverage business portfolio across multiple channels (E-commerce, On Premise and Future Consumption), accelerate category growth and build and influence strategic and collaborative business planning with the customer to deliver aligned Omnichannel growth goals.
The Sales Account Executive is responsible for understanding of customer's Omnichannel business needs, identifying and managing opportunities with various customer buyers and channels to develop a viable Joint Business Plan while working with the Coca-Cola brand leaders, commercial organization and the Coca-Cola bottling partners.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our growing sales team on the Sam's Club business. Minimum of 7+ years of expertise in selling and business development with experience in eCommerce and Digital Marketing. As an Account Executive, you'll need to be highly motivated, and very comfortable drawing insights from data. You should have the capability to lead change, develop people and organizations, and solve complex problems by thinking critically. Develop and successfully implement solutions to meet the operational process requirements and support the Coca-Cola systems business objectives and strategies. The Sam's Club Sales Account Executive will partner with the merchants across On Premise (Cafe and Immediate Consumption) and E-commerce (samsclub.com) and work closely in the development pipeline into the US Stores and Club business drawing from global Omnichannel and On Premise best practices.
Regular duties include:
- Management responsibility for The Coca-Cola portfolio across Sam's Club On-Premise, Immediate Consumption and Samsclub.com while leading cross functional partners and System Bottlers to deliver the joint business plan.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with eCommerce, Prepared Food and Immediate Consumption merchants, CCNA business leads, Supply Chain, bottling ownerships, and global digital/eCommerce experts.
- Develop and execute a shopper based Omnichannel plan to win at The First Moment Of Truth, through best in class Assortment, Packaging, Pricing, Enhanced Content, Ratings & Reviews, Search and Digital Shopper marketing to drive incremental conversion across the Omnichannel path to purchase: Click and Collect, Deliver to Home and In Club.
- Drives organizational alignment and commitment against the Company Omnichannel and Digital Marketing vision, strategy and priorities.
- Leads and collaborates with cross-functional team to deliver best in class end to end solutions to drive productivity and efficiencies across the company and customer's supply chain to enable faster sustainable and profitable category growth.
- Leads organizational change by creating a clear vision of the future business requirements
- Manage and/or drive customer relationship towards “Alliance” Level to deliver growth for the category, the customer and the Company.
- Expert competencies in influencing and negotiation, innovative business development, stewardship, building a 3-year strategic customer plan and delivering results.
- Drives new category, product and package penetration; high level of collaboration with Bottling System.
- Translate Knowledge of Consumer, E-commerce, Digital Marketing and Customer & Price Package Planning into Innovative Business Solutions through value propositions utilizing Collaborating for Value.
- Expert understanding of system economic and value chain models to deliver a favorable financial sales strategy.
- Expert analytical skills to interpret big data and multiple sources of information to find relevant insights that contribute to the growth of the category, customer and company.
- Expert Strategic thinking to make the right critical and most important choices, among complex and diverse information and scenarios, to maximize the value for the company, categories and customer.
- Strong ability to utilize and lead cross functional partners to advance our position with Sam's Club and samsclub.com.
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business, operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Build business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer and brand/commercial using information collected during the account discover process to ensure plan meets customer needs.
- Participate in contract negotiations/re-negotiations with customer and Coca-Cola system to formalize the agreement.
- Provide cross-functional team with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skill.
- Create and execute Annual Business Plan for specific customer to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Seven years sales experience, ten years preferred.
Expert in Solutions Based Selling, Omnichannel/E-commerce/On-Premise business development, Omnichannel/E-commerce/On-Premise path to purchase, Proficient in Analytical Thinking, Communication Effectively, Establishing Collaborative Relationships, Exerting Personal Influence, Stewarding Value Created, Project Management and Execution, Strategic Thinking and Planning, Nielsen, Retail Link, Excel and/or other analytical tools
Job Requirements:Expert in Solutions Based Selling, Omnichannel/E-commerce/On-Premise business development, Omnichannel/E-commerce/On-Premise path to purchase, Proficient in Analytical Thinking, Communication Effectively, Establishing Collaborative Relationships, Exerting Personal Influence, Stewarding Value Created, Project Management and Execution, Strategic Thinking and Planning, Nielsen, Retail Link, Excel and/or other analytical tools
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.