Position Overview:Support MS&I Director and work closely with the Marketing/ Franchise/Commercial team to provide actionable insights to support key brand development. This person should have the ability to manage both quantitative and qualitative research projects, plus have experience on various marketing research methodologies, i.e. U&A, Concept, Product, Communication development, Retail Audit, Consumer Tracking and support on advance analytics (Marketing Variance Analysis). Lead some issue based analysis by using cross protocol tools.
Function Specific Activities:
1. Lead in delivering consumer insights for Flavor Sparkling team (Fanta and Schweppes) to support Flavor Sparkling beverages in developing and implementing strategies and marketing/ trade programs that maximize long-term profitable growth.
- Work with respective brand/ commercial leadership teams to refine and optimize positioning and communications developmental work based on consumers' needs
- Develop appropriate research plans/ budget to help brand and regional teams address relevant business issues
- Work with research suppliers to execute and implement research projects in the most efficient and effective way
- Provide brand specific value-added consumer insights utilizing the appropriate research tools and tracking studies
- Continuously measure and analyze respective brands' volume, share and KIA performance
- Monitor and analyze the dynamics of marketplace and competition to enable comprehensive market understanding
- Monitor and analyze consumer consumption behavior and perception toward Sparkling brands on a regular basis
- Participate and support global research on respective brands
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of IMC Campaigns
- Support and participate in annual business plan
2. Take lead MVA (Marketing Variance Analysis) for all key categories and brands - Coke, Sprite, Fanta, MM, CY etc
- Monitor and ensure data and analytic quality from research supplier
- Independently manage the internal data collection process with quality control
- Manage the quarterly scenarios update and insights generation including reports
- Closely work with Global MVA team, to ensure the quality of the deliverable
- Independently manage on issue based analysis with internal/ external partners (e.g. forecasting, optimization of resources, DueTo analysis, etc.)
3. Management of research suppliers
- Work closely with research agencies to develop effective research plan/ design for each respective brand to help answer business questions
- Manage quality of research via regular review of status, fieldwork observations (both qualitative and quantitative), attending interviewer briefings, determining data processing plans and reviewing final report/presentations to ensure high quality of service from suppliers
- Help identify new local strong suppliers to manage research projects - lead annual evaluation process
4. DME Control
- Support on DME process and monitor the expense status
Leader of Self:
Accelerates Growth (Thought Leadership)
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Balances Immediate and Long-term Priorities
Drives Execution (Results Leadership)
- Delivers Results
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
Unleashes Potential (People Leadership)
- Develops and Inspires Others
- Lives the Values
Builds Brand Value
- Understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity (Competent)
- Interrogates data to identify core business levers (Competent)
- Balances facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases (Limited)
- Understand the operational fundamentals of our Bottling System (Competent)
- Leverages financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively (Limited)
- Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings (Limited)
- Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market (Limited)
- Builds Brand Love
- Anticipates future trends to engage and delight consumers (Competent)
- Seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviors (Competent)
- Pursues innovation and change with a mindset of continuous improvement (Limited)
- Balances intuition and fact to distill complex thought into action (Limited)
- Demonstrates judgment to define a compelling core creative idea (Aware)
- Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be (Aware)
- Persuades and inspire others (marketing, regions, bottlers, etc) to make informed decisions and build credibility of the research (Limited)
Typically receives assignments in the form of projects/ data analyses and results expected but has freedom to decide on priorities and how to accomplish assignments.
Knowledge & Experience:
4-6 years of marketing research experience in research companies and/or multinational FMCG companies
Education & Professional Qualification:
Bachelor degree or above, preferably in Marketing Research or related field
Excellent written and oral English & Chinese skills
Travel up to 15% of work time under normal conditions
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.