Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
- Operate all assigned equipment safely and efficiently. Responsible for startup, operation, change over, shut down, and preventative maintenance of designed production equipment. Position assignment may include, but not limited to, operating production line equipment, forklifts or other power equipment. Change over production equipment from one bottle size to another.
- Perform manual tasks as assigned. Assignment may include, but not limited to, loading cap hoppers, supplying other production line items, reworking product as necessary, loading conveyors with bottles, crates, and/or coolers.
- Verify accuracy of work and complete all necessary and required paperwork (i.e. QA line checks, verification of load-in/load-out accuracy).
- Provide general plant and facility clean up including, but not limited to production line clean up and sanitizing, landscape maintenance, minor facility painting and warehouse sanitation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Take action to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
- Protect the confidentiality of company, supplier, and customer information.
- Comply with all Safety, Environmental, Security, and Good Manufacturing Practice policies.
- Comply with job procedures and supervisor instructions.
- Ensure the safety and security of self, coworkers, product, and property.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with all co-workers at all levels and relevant contractors and suppliers.
- Successfully complete all company and government required training.
- Adhere to a high standard of ethical conduct.
- Operate personal computer. Utilize software including word processing, spreadsheets, inventory control systems.
Experience: Minimum of one year work experience in an industrial, utility, construction, or maintenance service environment preferred. Previous sanitation experience in a food/beverage or related environment is highly desirable.
Technical Knowledge/Critical Skills:
- Must be a licensed power equipment operator for forklifts and manlifts, or able to obtained licensing within a reasonable length of time after entering the job.
- Read, write, and comprehend English.
- Able to maintain accurate, legible, and complete records.
Attention to Detail - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processed and task; being watchful over a period of time.
Work Standards - Setting high standard of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Acting with Integrity- Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical and organizational value; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
Establishing Collaborative Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts.
Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
Work Schedule: This is a shiftwork position.
Travel: None Required
Physical Requirements: Ability to move throughout the plant including around machinery, under conveyor, climb stairs and ladders. Position requires frequent walking, stooping, bending, twisting, and ability to stand for up to 12 hours. Work may include entry to confined spaces. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height. Full capability to see, taste, and smell product. Ability to distinguish colors in chemical titration and hazard labels.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.