Position Overview:Lead the development and implementation of strategic and operational guidelines to drive profitable volume growth by building/improving Bottler technical operations and supply Chain (current and new) to become the lowest cost producer and achieve agreed upon productivity benchmarks (e.g. yields, line utilization, customer service levels etc.).
• Develop the capacity and infrastructural plans to meet the Franchise business long term growth plans; develop project plans for capacity expansion projects and commercialization on innovation while building technical and process capabilities within the bottling plants
• Work in collaboration with plant/bottler management to ensure that the system (Bottler and KO) meets the objectives specified under the 6P's (Portfolio, Profit, Partner, Planet, People & Productivity).
Function Specific Activities:
Supply Chain Operations
• In collaboration with Bottler Management, Franchise Technical Manager and Franchise Leadership, develop the strategic focus on technical supply chain needs from supply point to customer - CPS, investment planning manufacturing, warehousing and distribution with the objective to achieving business objectives and satisfying market demand.
• Assess capacity, capability, technical processes and systems (manufacturing equipment, logistics, package performance, and engineering /maintenance systems) in bottler organizations to support portfolio expansion and boost personnel and equipment efficiencies for increased low-cost production and profitability. Recommend future capital investment to meet sales demand and develop corrective plans in collaboration with the plant/bottler management to achieve agreed upon benchmarks / goals.
• Communicate status of work and all production and distribution related data to appropriate parties (BU Technical & Franchise Leadership) in order to keep them informed and involved.
• In collaboration with the Bottler, ensure continuity of supply for critical materials - concentrate, water, sugar, crowns, closures, glass, preforms, etc
• Explore and drive strategic, E2E supply chain infrastructure planning and optimization in the Franchise
• Develop production and distribution capacity planning and capital investment scenarios with bottler to meet business plan volumes and monitor the performance against plans
• Review, assess and validate SMP's (Site Master Plan) in the Franchise to ensure compliance to KORE requirements
Engineering & Project Management
• Provide high level engineering support to the Bottlers with respect to machinery and equipment through benchmarking with best in class operations
• Evaluate preventive maintenance programs and ensure that critical process equipment are adequately maintained
• Provide project management oversight to Greenfield, Brownfield and new line/equipment installation and commissioning, warehousing and auxiliary augmentation projects in the Franchise.
• Implement the Coca Cola Company initiatives where necessary - OE, Six Sigma, TPM, Project PI, etc. - to drive productivity improvement (line utilization, fleet & warehouse utilization, labour productivity, yields and usages), reduce manufacturing costs as %NSR and improve operating efficiencies in Bottler operations.
• Drive the Enterprise S&OP (ES & OP) throughout the Bottler supply chain by implementing appropriate tools, programs and routines for consistent demand fulfilment
Environment & Safety
• Lead the “Engineering” side of Environment & Safety compliance requirements as well as KO “Planet” initiatives. This includes design, installation and evaluation of waste water treatment plants (WWTPs), fire-fighting and work-place safety infrastructure.
• Lead the technical elements of PET recycling and Replenish initiatives in the Franchise
• In collaboration with plant and bottler management and QSE function, develop and implement plans to continuously optimize and improve EPM measures, including water and energy usage ratios
• Collaborate with BU EOSH manager and Bottler Logistics to drive fleet safety programs and initiatives
• Assist bottlers to coordinate and implement all the required technical activities through CIF process & “Clarity” tool for new product/package commercialization.
• Conduct supply chain infrastructure capability assessment for new categories and proffer technical solutions for compliance.
• Conduct and or coordinate technical business projects feasibility studies and liaising with Franchise Leadership in order to meet business objectives.
• Collaborate with Commercialization managers to drive launch of new product and package to marketing plans, capturing relevant data into CokeWorks.
• Partner with the Bottler and BU Capability manager to identify and close supply chain gaps in both people and processes through targeted interventions.
• Explore industry partnerships in collaborative technical capability building across the supply chain
• Build people capability within the bottling plants during problem solving initiatives in Technical Operations and Supply Chain areas and or during visits to the plants.
• Collaborate with Concentrate plants, Plant Engineers, Suppliers, Operations Marketing Managers, Commercialization Capability Manager, OE Consultants and OEMs (Original Equipment Suppliers)
• Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective setting and follow up on specific projects with bottler personnel.
• Most of these positions are individual contributor positions though some may have some minimal supervisory responsibilities.
• These individual contributor positions require superior self-management skills and influence skills. They have considerable latitude in specified skill areas and generally operate with a fair amount of autonomy.
Direct Reports: None
Related Job Requirements
• Strong understanding of full value chain in Coca-Cola or related business
• Strategic Thinking: Solid strategic analysis and thinking skills able to build a sustainable business
• Beverage Manufacturing: Strong technical understanding with deep knowledge of Beverage manufacturing, Supply Chain, Environmental management, Productivity and Operational Excellence. KO system knowledge and clear understanding of the dynamics of the NARTD industry
• Good Manufacturing Practices: Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices. This includes understanding of Company and regulatory guidelines.
• Production Management: Knowledge of the principles of production management in order to effectively communicate and manage change in a production environment.
• Production Processes: Knowledge of syrup and beverage manufacturing processes. These include blending solids, blending liquids or juices, carbonation, filling, water treatment, packaging, cleaning and sanitation, or refrigeration technologies.
• Basic Engineering / maintenance management: Knowledge of equipment, its working, planning for maintenance, carrying out basic repairs, spare parts, inventory management and sourcing of equipment and spares.
• Basic Packaging: Basic knowledge of Packaging materials and the related production processes.
• Risk Analysis/Management: Knowledge of and ability to manage the risk analysis/management process consisting of four components: Risk Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Risk Communication.
• Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g. on time, within budget).
• Building Technical Relationship: Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical internal or external contacts in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the company.
• Supply chain Management: Uses knowledge of the supply chain to deliver quality products through effective management of all supply chain elements of the business; understands how all functional areas are integrated within the supply chain; perceives the impact and understands the implications of decisions on the System supply chain and on the competition and seeks optimum outcomes when pursuing courses of actions and manages the necessary interactions effectively.
• Quality: Knowledge and application of policies, principles and standards of TCCC in order to ensure consistent quality, protect the Company's trademarks, promote customer and consumer satisfaction and respond to changing business needs.
• Environment: Waste $mart principles, monitoring systems, waste management etc.
• Process Improvement: Evaluating existing processes and identifying more efficient ways to accomplish goals and meet bottler and Company requirements; continuously improving the processes through regular assessment and adjustment.
• Governance: Strong understanding of Governance requirements and Code of Business Conduct
Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical or Industrial Engineering or related disciplines. Fluency in English and French or Portuguese an added advantage
• Significant travel required - 60% (Local and international); most travels requiring overnight stay.
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.