Position Overview:A career at Coca-Cola South Pacific is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than working for the global beverage leader; it's an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career -- we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
As a global icon and keeper of the world's most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola South Pacific.
Function Specific Activities:
- To facilitate the R&D function in South Pacific including daily care of manufacturing lab. Specifically, work together with R&D category leads to define technical brief, design & produce new beverages or adapt existing products (Sparkling, Juice, Hydration, Dairy, Coffee, Tea and Frozen) to answer consumer needs in South Pacific BU.
Contribute to product development projects from idea generation to formula finalization through close discussion and alignment with Customers, Technical and Customer Management/Marketing team, R&D category leads and all other stakeholders
Manufacture prototypes and manage all necessary evaluations and reports relevant to product design and specification
- Has a broad overview of key stakeholders and is aware of components of value chain.
- Responsible to deliver agreed tasked (Time & Quality)
- Leverages prior education, suppliers and literature to innovate within scope of briefs provided by other technical experts or supervisor
- Apply food science knowledge of ingredients, packaging, processing to assure safe and high quality products
- Conduct production trials at pilot plant scale, and evaluate product stability
- Participate in a commercialization scale test at manufacturing line with QA and commercialization team if needed
- Lead project meetings within the category, cross-functionally with marketing, customer management or technical groups
- Interact with project team member (QA, SRA, Commercialization team, Marketing, customer, Global R&D….) or with suppliers on factual matters
- Strongly connect to R&D category lead to deliver effective innovation to South Pacific BU
- Production of prototypes at lab scale,
- Calculation of formulation using SLDS.
- Production of sample with the pilot plant of both beverage base parts and final products
- Filling accurately FMS database (Picasso…), stability request,
- Keep clarity updated and other TCCC databases according of our internal policy
- Description of manufacturing conditions
- Takes advantage of opportunities to learn about new concepts or technologies
- Develops conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in area of technical discipline
- Applies those in the completion of job responsibilities
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Actively challenge applying innovative ideas to own projects
- Logical and strategic thinking
- Estimate magnitude of risks with fact based logics and propose potential solution alternatives
- Experimental designing, deep considerations for the results, concise report and defining next steps.
- Communication skills including presentations, negotiations, meeting organizations, constructive discussions
- Strong leadership and ownership for the project as product developer.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- MS or BS (depending on the experience) in Science, Food Science, or related field
- 5-7 years of professional working experience in R&D, technical function in food industries including food ingredient suppliers or other FMCG industries.
- Knowledge and experience in food service area is preferable.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.