Position Overview:Lead the introduction of new and reformulated products into the commercial market place. The scope includes but is not limited to innovative new product launches, revised country of sale, reformulations, amendments to formula, changes to pack configuration, discontinuation, supply point shifts, outside supply business and business continuity programs.
Function Specific Activities:
Lead the introduction of new innovative products into the commercial market place with 70% of projects will be under Innovation Function and 30% of projects will be under Technical Function
- Compile comprehensive technical brief for R&D based on consumer insights, marketing, finance, SRA, CPS and manufacturing constrains
- Deliver project on time, on budget and without technical / supply chain issues
- Prepare an effective supply chain activation plan for new products or package that assesses the risks and ensures that production and distribution have the capability to deliver.
- Co-ordinate and manage technical projects that require cross-system and cross-functional co-operation to deliver innovations in products, packaging, promotions and cold drinks initiatives.
Deliver projects with strong cross functional knowledge and relationships`
- Within Innovation Function:
- Innovation Process - assist on preparation on all gate meeting materials
- Ideation & Prioritization Workshop - assist on preparation
- Business case development - provide relevant information for costing purposes, eg, Beverage Base, raw material COGS. With strong business acumen drive technical solutions which delivers on the marketing brief and our profit targets
- Technical: Collaborate closely with technical function to ensure all the new innovations fulfil the Company standard.
- Marketing: Understand the opportunity and insights, and work with Marketing from the early stage product development to provide input and stimuli to innovations and to establish the technical feasibility of any opportunities
- Scientific Regulatory Affairs (SRA): Have a working knowledge of the local food and beverage regulation and ensure all aspect are taken in account during the scoping and validation of new products
- Quality, Safety and Environment: Understand our corporate requirements (KORE) and ensure these are meet for all new specifications introduced.
- Procurement / Planning: Close working relationship with Bottler Procurement / Planning to ensure continuity of supply and effective infrastructure planning is in place
- 8 years' experience in food industry (quality, R&D, commercialization)
- Experience with Hong Kong or Taiwan food/ beverage regulations and claims requirements is preferred
- University degree in beverage/ food engineering or similar education
- Technical knowledge in product composition, ingredient chemistry, beverage manufacturing process
- Technical knowledge in packaging
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skill; open minded to accept new ideas
- Fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Excellent written English & Chinese
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.