Function Specific Activities:
Paralegal, International Operations
This position is a paralegal role on the legal function's international bottling operations team, supporting the implementation of the Company's franchise agreements and related documentation internationally. This paralegal will work collaboratively with the managing counsel to support the international bottling operations primarily in Latin America and Africa, interacting directly with business unit and bottler counsel on a daily basis. This paralegal is responsible for preparing, reviewing, filing, and documenting bottler related agreements and ancillary legal documents in accordance with agreements and the Company's policies and guidelines. The successful candidate will manage a high volume of bottler contractual and related matters, and must have some contract management experience, deep knowledge of contract law and regulations, strong work prioritization skills, good people skills and exemplary writing skills and be willing to work overtime and manage work activities across multiple time zones.
Nice to Haves:
- Fluent (written and spoken) in Spanish
- Drafting contracts experience
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
· Work independently, assessing and prioritizing incoming requests relating to the
preparation of bottler's agreements.
· Evaluate requests, using sound judgement based on experience and job knowledge to identify existing or potential areas of concern or conflict. Ability to understand complex business models and to use this knowledge to accurately draft and revise agreements and other bottler related legal documents.
· Develop and prepare agreement templates.
· Educate and train bottler and business unit counsels on necessary processes and legal document preparation for the proper execution of the agreements.
· File legal documents in a systematic way and appropriately manage and utilize legal databases and other tools.
· Actively communicate and collaborate with various departments in and outside of the legal function for bottler matters.
· Support legal research and report generation as assigned by managing counsel.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree required;
Languages: Native English. Spanish speaker highly preferred.
Related Work Experience: Relevant work experience in the legal field, including 3 to 5 years of contract experience in a law firm or in-house legal environment.
· Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
· Collaborate with System and Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
· Act Like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
· Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
· Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
· Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
· Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
· Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
· Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
· Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
· Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Risk Identification, Legal Support and Research: Ability to work with a variety of internal colleagues, clients, outside counsel and counter-parties to proactively identify and address issues and legal risks; assist legal counsels by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or researching legal precedent; proficient at Internet research and legal research databases where applicable.
Preparation of Contracts and Other Legal Documents and Filings: Preparing legal contracts, including bottling and distribution agreements, authorization and consent letters, and ancillary documents; providing legal assistance to the legal counsels; tracking contract execution and follow up on expiration/renewal; ensuring legal files are properly updated and maintained; preparing executive summaries and drafting legal memos.
Responsiveness to Requests and Support: Responsive and intuitive to the needs and requests of clients, and providing the level of support and competence required of the role and position.
Strategic Thinking and Tactical Support: Provide the appropriate level of strategic thinking and tactical support related to the subject matter expertise required of the role and position.
Comprehension and Communication: High level of listening, comprehension and communication skills.
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.