Position Overview:The role leads evolution of an integrated commercial strategy, develops and delivers a pipeline of initiatives for Juice and other still drinks categories. The goal would be to help commercialize aligned commercial opportunity spaces. To meet this objective the role would need to lead development of full bundle solutions including products, packages, promotion plans, business cases and in-market execution plans. The role would also drive engagements with all internal and external stakeholders around the planned initiatives, drive in-market execution, manage Management reporting, analysis and way forward action plans.
Function Specific Activities:
The role exists to help evolve an integrated commercial strategy, develop and deliver a pipeline of initiatives for Juice and other still drinks categories. The goal woild be to help commercialize aligned commercial opportunity spaces. To meet this objective the role would need to lead development of full bundle solutions including products,packages, promotion plans, business cases and in-market execution plans. The role would also drive engagements with all internal and external stakeholders around the planned initiatives, drive in-market execution, manage Management reporting, analysis and way forward action plans.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS / DEVELOPMENTAL EXPERIENCES I.E. ALL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED TO FULFILL STAKEHOLDER EXPECTATIONS AND WHICH ENCOMPASS THE SPAN OF RESPONSIBILITIES MANAGED. IMPORTANT CHALLENGES TO GO THROUGH IN THIS ROLE AND WHICH ARE CRUCIAL TO BUILDING FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIES.
1. Category Commercial Plans Development & Execution: Lead development of commercial strategy and plans for categories managed in close Collaboration with brand and category leads to develop annual commercal business plans for the categories managed and manage holistic execution of select business priorities.
2. Strategy Development: Drive development of concepts, product,package and equipment by working closely with various internal , Bottler and where relevant Global functional stakeholders.
3. Business Case Development: Lead development of robust business cases based on rich consumer, customer and system and competitive insights.This needs to be achieved by providing thought leadership to all areas of strategy development to build sharp, focused business cases that need to get aligned widely across the system.
4. Project Management: Lead a pipeline of projects through the various stages and gates of the CIF process. Develop and manage project plans, timelines, project meetings, senior management updates to deliver projects on time as per the desired quality and scale.
5. Monitor Performance, Capture, scale and Institutionalise learnings: Develop robust understanding of performance across agreed KBIs for commercialized or in-market projects. Modify strategy-approach to meet desired results. Drive scaling up of winning pilots and institutionalize key learnings from each project.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES I.E. THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity
2. Interrogates data to identify core business levers
3. Balances facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases
4. Understand the operational fundamentals of our Bottling System
5. Leverages financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively
6. Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings
7. Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market
8. Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be
9. Balances intuition and fact to distill complex thought into action
10. Pursues innovation and change withamindset of continuous improvement
1. Collaborate with system, customers and key stakeholders
2. Act Like Owner
3. Drive Innovation
4. Inspire Others
JOB COMPLEXITIES I.E. WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR JOB.
A ROLE COULD BE CHALLENGING BECAUSE OF ASPECTS LIKE: (a) External Factors (Competition moves, changes in regulatory frameworks, changes in macro economic indicators etc.) (b) Internal Factors (Budget/Resource constraints, leveraging expertise of other functions, priority of assignment determined by the business plan etc.) (c) Depth of Subject Matter Expertise (d) Lack of past precedents/learning
1. Dynamic and complex external environment with localized opportunities and issues
2. Leverage Expertise of other team members is essential to succeed in this role
3. Existing business dynamics may come in conflict with the innovation priorities
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS I.E. METRICS THAT WOULD HELP IN DEFINING AND MEASURING PROGRESS
1. Performance against KBIs for initiatives managed
2. Development of programs,projects,initiatives as per required time and quality
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.