Position Overview:A career at Coca-Cola South Pacific is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than working for the global beverage leader; it's an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career -- we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
As a global icon and keeper of the world's most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola South Pacific.
Manage the Franchise territories of Fiji, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Tonga, Samoa and Nauru. Have full accountability for Franchise Leadership of those territories and the delivery of volume share and profit targets. Work with the Franchise teams to ensure marketing and commercial strategies are developed and executed that grows the overall Companies brands and business in these territories.
Deliver budgeted volume and profit target for the Pacific Islands.
Establish a clear destination and business strategy for our business with each franchisee
Focus on providing leadership, strategic direction, marketing support and best practice from the Coca-Cola system to accelerate business performance and achieve agreed profit and volume targets.
Function Specific Activities:
Franchise and Commercial Management
Manages the day to day operations of the franchise incl. marketing, commercial and financial; executes strategies with bottling others in resolving complex issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures; works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.partners; cooperates with bottlers to ensure l
- Develop and Align with our bottling partners the Strategic Business plan with 3 years horizon.
- Define balanced targets and compelling initiatives by Island to fully achieve the total PI territory targets on volume and profit.
- Establish a clear destination and strategy for the business through strategic planning with emphasis on Commercial Leadership principles that encompass brand, pack, price channel, NPD, equipment, resources.
- Elaborate and align with our bottling partners the Annual Business Plan.
- Leverage Oceania & AU cross functional team & resources to deliver the Annual Business Plan.
- Give direction to the PI Marketing Manager to develop strong brand plans that build up the franchise targets.
- Identify and recommend new growth opportunities based upon key consumer and business insights.
- Lead the operational integration and execution of strategic recommendations within each Islands business system as identified.
- Support the PI Marketing Manager and the Commercial Manager on developing business and brand plans to maximize opportunities and align business with strategic priorities with focus on Consumer and Consumer Leadership.
- Align top DME investments with each of the Islands and support the PI Marketing Manager & the financial team to effectively manage the DME through the year.
- Develop, manage and leverage a broad network of relationships across the Coca-Cola system, especially Oceania, Australia and key countries to accelerate business performance
- Lead, manage and provide support, systems and tools to develop communication between islands and enhance each islands local teams.
- Together with the Oceania public affairs team, provide direction and support to the bottling partners on renewing category growth, packaging sustainability and marketing policy compliance.
- Ensure that each bottler meets the company standards on the marketing, legal, financial and technical topics.
- Play a leadership role on Bottler's & Distribution's Agreement renewals & compliance.
Marketing Activation Responsibility
- Support the PI Marketing Manager to:
- Ensure agreed promotional, equity and NPD activity is achieved in line with Annual Business plans and DME allocation, by implementing the principles and practices of project management, including: a) project team participation b) creative development process c) effective execution d) Stakeholder management e) Risk minimisation f) Microsoft Project Software.
- Manage DME funding for allocated marketing projects to ensure maximisation of effectiveness
- Develop and manage a network across New Zealand and the Island business partners to deliver clear competitive advantage in consumer media, sales promotion, event management and sponsorship.
- Ensure fact based planning & project management disciplines are clearly communicated and implemented across bottler system, external suppliers and applicable CCO team to ensure project decisions are made using judgement and fact based analysis.
- Leverage Oceanian Marketing team as key support in helping you bring project management disciplines and techniques to life.
- Ensures key project stakeholders embrace change and develop the same disciplines to project management including use of Microsoft Project Software.
- Work with the local brand and sales teams, identify and develop areas of opportunity to improve the implementation of brand activity within market.
- Influence and negotiate outcomes with business partners to align with project vision/deliverables
- Maximise cost and time efficiency by effectively implementing optimal promotion principles and practices
- Develop project objectives, monitor performance, propose revisions and evaluate results to identify future improvement opportunities
New Product Development
- Through the business plan process, identify and scope NPD opportunities with decision based on the impact in achieving profit and volume targets.
- Give direction and support PI Marketing Manager on developing the innovation pipeline. Manage internal stakeholders relationships to ensure business objectives and outcomes are met
- Continuously improve current processes for achieving excellence in project management.
- Full P&L responsibility - Includes Fiji, Samoa, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Tonga, Vanuatu and Nauru.
- Implementation of Global/Regional Brand, Commercial and Customer strategies.
- Implementation of System Economic Corridors approach across all bottlers
- System leadership through engagement and alignment of Oceania bottlers
- Manage portfolio of businesses across multiple teams
- Build and Maintain Business Relationships
- Accelerate system capabilities
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing and Brand management
- Application of consumer insights
- NPD assessment and delivery
- Pro-active involvement in managing external image of TCCC in the local market along with Bottling partner through NZ based PAC resource
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Business degree
- System Experience and Knowledge
- Brand/account management
- Strategic planning
- Business acumen
- Senior project management
- Complex business relationship management
- Opportunities assessment
- Change management
- Strong Interpersonal
- Communication Skills,
- Problem Solver
- high energy high integrity
- self directed and motivated
- open to change and new challenges.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.