Position Overview:*** THIS IS A TEMPORARY ROLE FOR 7 MONTHS ***
In our General Ledger team in Buenos Aires we are primarily responsible for the financial reporting submissions of legal entities across Latin America to the Corporate Controller's Group in Atlanta. We co-ordinate the monthly, quarterly and year end closing processes with all other finance teams in Global Finance Operations (GFO), business units and Corporate.
As GL Analyst you will focus on general ledger closing activities including responsibility for financial reporting submissions to our headquarters in Atlanta and balance sheet management.
Function Specific Activities:
· Post Journal voucher in Winshuttle queue or through Blackline tool.
· Clear GL accounts Open Items.
· Prepare and accomplish scheduled month end activities
· Balance Sheet Account Analysis, Bank Account Reconciliations, following up on pending items complying with SOX and Company Standards and Requirements.
· Ensures compliance with internal and external accounting and reporting requirements.
· Prepare and follow up on GL Metrics.
· Coordinate and participate in SLD User Acceptance Tests of FI. Provide support to other users.
What you need to be successful
To be the right candidate for this position you need to have minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience in relevant accounting roles in a multinational environment as well as have an Accountant or Business Administration bachelor's degree. As a successful candidate you will bring along strong planning and organising skills with innate attention to details. On the top of that you are expect to have highly developed Excel knowledge and simply love what you do. Besides you have a passion for constructively challenge the status quo and exhibit a continuous improvement mind-set to drive process improvement and standardisation
· Accountant/Administration bachelor's degree from a University (close to finish University or graduate)
· Spanish and very good English level
· Internal Control Concepts.
· Team player
· Customer Focus
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.