Position Overview:Responsible for the coordination and completion of assigned projects within the Information Risk Management (IRM) department. Oversees all aspects of project, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project and track and manages the project budget. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
The Cybersecurity Project Manager supports project tasks include project initiation, requirements definition, project planning, proposal and design development, project execution oversight, service transition, budget and project finances, project closure, deployment, stakeholder management, risk management and upkeep of project documentation. The program administration tasks include review of project plans, status reports, purchase orders and contracts associated with project initiatives and upkeep of program documentation.
Function Specific Activities:
Responsible for complete project management through the life-cycle including project planning, regulations, compliance, scope delivery, funding requests, budget tracking, client interactions, issue/risk identification and resolution management, manage and provide status reporting.
Detailed job duties include:
- Initiates projects through the creation of project definition charters, facilitates and documents project scoping and requirements definition meetings with project stakeholders. Work with managers to ensure proper staffing, utilization, and performance is tracked throughout the project
- Develops initial IT budgetary estimates and project schedules to satisfy project requirements, including the development and presentation of proposals and documentation for approval
- Reviews project deliverables from team members for quality and completeness, coordinates and oversees the execution of project assignments by team members, corporate departments and third party vendors and provides technical guidance to project team members
- Ensure project milestones and company stage gate approvals are defined and met
- Adheres to published standards and follows prescribed exception process when designs deviate
- Develops and executes mitigation strategies to address project risks and issues
- Authors and executes deployment plans to ensure effective rollout of IT services to global practitioners, including creation of communications plans are socialized and executed
- Transitions production services to operations personnel for ongoing maintenance & support through formal documentation, including integration, training, data migration, go-live, support and project closeout
- Continuously compares actuals to estimates to ensure projects remain on schedule and within budget - raise exception requests and manage financial issues through resolution
- Bachelor's degree in a an area such as Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related area required
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams across many areas and business units
- Deep understanding of project management methodology
- Experience with mid to large scale information technology implementations including information security tools
Nice to have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master experience
- Experience in managing global projects and programs
- Experience in QA, User Experience, and Business Analysis preferred
Related Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Project Manager with at least 3-5 years as a Project Manager which 3+ years of IT infrastructure-related project management experience
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and handle and balance multiple critical tasks at the same time
- Proven work experience with cloud environments and digital integrations
- Excellent organization and time management / facilitation skills and great attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), planning, organization, and administrative skills
- Superior leadership abilities including ability to share knowledge, resolve conflict and create consensus
- Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.