Position Overview:The Senior Customer Marketing Manager (SCMM) within the National Foodservice division is a strategic resource in driving Coca-Cola business with our most valued and important customers. The SCMM is responsible for the development and execution of Customer and Channel specific marketing plans. Working closely with the sales team and our key stakeholders, the SCMM plays a key role in building long-term and short-term business plans, driving revenue and profit for the mutual benefit of our Customers and our
Coca-Cola System. The SCMM will own high level marketing relationships with a select group of stakeholders and will be counted on to use knowledge, experience and insights, brand resources, and extended account team members to become their customers' most valued business partner.
Provides analysis, thought-leadership, development and delivery of customer-specific marketing programs and actions within assigned customer portfolio; assesses and delivers customer- or property-specific applications of global or regional programs for customers to maximize value; manages complex projects to achieve targeted customer and/or property objectives. Individual contributor who guides others in resolving complex issues in specialized area where existing solutions and procedures may or may not already exist; works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Field based position in Southern California (Orange County or Los Angeles).
Function Specific Activities:
- Ownership of senior level marketing call points (CMO/VP Marketing/may be customized per customer specifications)
- Lead total beverage marketing strategy in collaboration with overall customer strategy
- Influence complex customer situations (e.g. regional marketing or new business development)
- Generate new and unique insights (consumer and industry) and apply to customers business
- Construct annual marketing calendar
- Lead collaborative long term (3-5 year) planning process
- Conduct customer marketing stewardship reviews
- Provide customer business and opportunity assessments
- Provide BIC competitive analysis/look of success recommendations
- Create persuasive selling stories; garner support and belief for new opportunities
- Leverage internal tools and resources to support customer strategy (e.g. channel, asset, brand )
- Provide SME leadership where needed and seek opportunity to build SME capabilities for future
- Host key strategic meetings (e.g. KO Lab and associated preparations with presentations, insights, briefing documents, SMEs etc.)
This position works closely with CCNA / global bottling counterparts to bring insights and initiatives to the organization:
- Develop and execute mutually-agreed upon channel and customer promotions/programs that leverage our global brand resources and consumer insights to drive increased consumer preference and customer value.
- Plan and orchestrate introduction of new products and line extensions to ensure that mutual distribution, pricing, and merchandising objectives are met or exceeded.
- Provide strong financial acumen to all business decisions and provide post analysis to ensure goals are met.
- Assist customers in reaching sales potential on company products as well as their total business by offering creative insights and activation ideas.
- Handle customer issues/opportunities promptly.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
- Foodservice Experience
- Advanced Strategic Thinking
- Short- and Long-Term Planning & Execution
- Ability to recognize, understand, and interpret consumer behavior, brand strategies, channel and customer needs, and turn this knowledge into action and results
- Previous Customer/Channel Management experience
- Coca-Cola Channel business knowledge is an asset
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills and influencing ability
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Others as identified by the customer/partner.
Minimum Required: Master's degree in Marketing/Business or equivalent work experience.
7-10 years experience in a consumer packaged goods company, preferably in both customer management and marketing roles; additional Foodservice Channel experience preferred.
Client Immersion Requirement: Annual Store Training
Travel Requirements: 25%
Work Location: Client Workspace Los Angeles County
Relocation Assistance: None
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.