Position Overview:The Strategic Insights Manager within the National Foodservice division is a strategic resource in driving Coca-Cola business with our most valued and important customers. The Strategic Insights Manager is responsible for the acquisition and analysis of Customer and Channel specific marketing insight. Working closely with the sales team and our key stakeholders, the Strategic Insights Manager plays a key role in supporting long-term and short-term business plans. The Strategic Insights Manager will support high level marketing relationships with a select group of stakeholders and will be counted on to use knowledge, experience and insights, information technology resources, and extended account team members to become their customers' most valued business partner.
The role's primary focus is on leveraging insights to support short- and long-term marketing plans that drive volume, revenue, and profit spanning existing and future category opportunities. This role partners daily with the customer/partner Brand Marketing Team and collaboratively across the Coca-Cola System to plan and implement growth strategies. Provides analysis, thought-leadership, and delivery of customer-specific marketing insights and recommendations. Individual contributor resolving complex issues in specialized area where existing solutions and procedures may or may not already exist; works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Field based position in Southern California (Orange County or Los Angeles).
Function Specific Activities:
- Assist with the evolution of the global beverage category vision and portfolio strategies.
- Develop goals, strategies, and plans that directly impact the multi-year revenue and profit of the customer/partner and the Coca-Cola Company.
- Lead the identification of incremental whitespace profitable category growth opportunities
- Develop joint marketing stories that leverage data and insights ranging from secondary/syndicated to primary / custom (eg. NPD CREST, DINE, qualitative, quantitative, etc) to drive growth.
- Role will act as the Insight SME for the customer, leadership team, and broader cross functional team.
- Responsible for category performance analysis (eg. Customer/Partner Product Mix report, joint beverage scorecard, and forecasting associated with SFTK, renewing category growth, Discovery Analytics, and annual planning, etc)
- Other duties as provided by the customer/partner.
Related Work Experience:
- Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions
- Developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
Delivering Relevant Local Consumer Strategies:
- Making consumers and their needs the primary focus of the business
- Developing, evaluating and selecting consumer-based actions that maximize mutually beneficial, long-term, profitable volume and revenue.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Knowledge of and ability to gather, interpret and apply multiple consumer/industry insights and trends used in the development of marketing strategies and programs.
Marketing Research Application:
- Ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives
- Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g., Nielsen, DINE360, Discovery Analytics. NPD CREST, etc.) used in the analysis of trended consumer and volume dynamics.
Consumer Research Approaches:
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer research approaches (e.g., concept testing, ad testing, focus groups, etc).
- Ability to brief, consult, and design with a research company on the design approach, sampling techniques, research protocols, etc.
- Cross Functional Collaboration (eg. Sales, Brand, CCFS, and Agencies)
- Other as identified by the customer/partner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Business or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years experience in a consumer packaged goods company, preferably in both customer management and marketing roles, Foodservice Channel or relevant experience preferred.
Client Immersion Requirement: Annual Store Training
Travel Requirements: 25%
Client Workspace Los Angeles County
Relocation Assistance: None
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.