Position Overview:Responsible for establishing and maintaining optimal production schedules and for maintaining optimal finished good inventory levels at multiple warehouses to meet demand requirements. Responsible for managing raw materials inventory to support production plan. Leads a team of up to 4 salary planners.
Function Specific Activities:
- Work with multiple co-manufacturing's plants to understand constraints and capabilities to achieve optimal production planning by increasing output while reducing cost.
- Provide 8-week production plan to co-manufacturing facilities for resource planning and to secure production line time.
- Monitor production plan constantly and make necessary adjustments in order to meet customer demand and minimize waste.
- Clearly and proactively communicate potential supply chain interruptions due to lack of product.
- Called out any long term capacity issues at co-manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain optimal finished goods inventory levels at multiple warehouses on each item to support customer demand.
- Develop inventory strategies according to item type and where is produced.
- Monitor age of the inventory to avoid risk of obsolescence.
- Work closely with warehouse operations on timely resolution of inventory issues and with transportation manager on timely delivery of finished goods to warehouses.
- Maintain, monitor and revise essential system planning data to ensure SAP effectively plans future requirements for finished goods. A
- ppreciation for the importance that master data plays in driving the MRP process and optimal planning.
- Must have ability to identify gaps in master data that are driving sub-optimal MRP results.
- Review sales volume versus forecasted volume for each item and work with Demand Planning on under/over forecast to achieved optimal inventory management.
New Items & Product discontinuations:
- Work with producing plants to ensure that new products are in place to support customer demand.
- with Liquidations team on discontinued items and inventory if disposals is needed.
- Manage a team of 2 or 3 Planner IIs.
- Sets goals and expectations for each direct report.
- Coach, provide tools and holds team accountable for performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related field.
- CPIM certified is a plus.
Related Work Experience:
- 3 years of experience in Production Planning/Material Planning/Inventory Control
- Act like an owner: Consistently deliver results and creates value for the organization.
- Drives Innovative Business: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvement; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seek to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports & Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares, and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside of the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments.
- Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles: seeks and provide feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Ability to define a problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and solutions.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Material Requirements Planning - ability to plan materials in SAP in order to support ongoing business
- Information Systems - Knowledge and use of SAP or another ERP tool.
- Advance excel and access experience is a plus.
- Ability to access, analyze and utilize information in a manner that adds value to the organization.
- Ability to propose system enhancements based on business needs.
Job Requirements:Responsible for establishing and maintaining optimal production schedules and for maintaining optimal finished good inventory levels at multiple warehouses to meet demand requirements. Responsible for managing raw materials inventory to support production plan. Leads a team of up to 4 salary planners.
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.