Position Overview:The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the execution of the processes of consolidating the General Ledger and providing financial information to the global consolidation system (BOFC) each period end close. Objective will be to help ensure proper recording of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, company policy, the global chart of accounts and North America organization structure and completion of required financial reporting.
This role supports the North America Controllers Group and Business Units in a wide range of accounting and analysis activities including recording financial transactions related to business operations and balance sheet reconciliations. Provide audit and monthly general ledger close support. Interact with North America Planning & Reporting, Corporate Controllers Group, North America Business Units, and Corporate Tax.
This role will provide assistance with SAP (and other systems) and share accounting knowledge on the
execution of new and ongoing transactions. This position will require sophisticated analytical skills,
exceptional collaboration and organizational capabilities, and the ability to multi-task, set priorities and
Function Specific Activities:
Performs a variety of accounting activities to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations; reconciles accounts; maintains a complete and accurate general ledger; collects and compiles financial information; prepares financial reports and accounting statements; Provides technical accounting advice within area of expertise. Individual contributor that works under limited supervision; applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
The key activities that this role will be expected to perform include the following:
- Analyze and record accounting transactions for North America activity, such as amortization of prepaid, accrual balances and balance sheet allocations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare analysis of those accounts to be reviewed with clients. Make recommendations on areas of risk and opportunities where required
- Prepare supplemental schedules and forms on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Prepare assigned Cash Flows for North America legal entities.
- Prepare quarterly Balance Sheet Analysis
- Provide documentation, required reporting and support for internal and external auditors for department policies and certification for assigned SOX controls;
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis/reporting, initiate process improvements to increase efficiencies and automation of accounting processes and participate in special projects as needed in support of the department or North America Initiatives
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, Standard Practices and Procedures and other Company policies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferably CPA and/or MBA
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience in accounting - preferably in financial statement preparation, monthly closing activities, financial reporting.
- Strong technical accounting, analytical and communication skills required. Great attention to detail is also required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, SAP knowledge preferred; intermediate in MS Access; basic in other MS Office applications
- GAAP/Accounting theory; Financial analysis; Data validation; Data extraction; Database management
- Flexibility to adjust work load and hours when necessary
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.