Function Specific Activities:
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is a total beverage company, offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries and territories. In addition to the company's Coca-Cola brands, our portfolio includes some of the world's most valuable beverage brands. We're constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. We're also working to reduce our environmental impact by replenishing water and promoting recycling. With our bottling partners, we employ more than 700,000 people, helping bring economic opportunity to local communities worldwide.
Coca-Cola Middle East Region Management Trainee Program is a one-year development program during which you will gain on the job training with real responsibility for planning and executing marketing projects. You will do meaningful work with some of the biggest brands globally and locally and learn from our team of high performing, talented and passionate associates.
We are looking for dynamic, energized, innovative and strategic thinkers to be to be part of the Coca-Cola Middle East Marketing Team. This marketing entry level role requires working on some of the World's leading and loved brands, playing a critical role in shaping local business strategies by bringing best in class analysis and ideas. This individual will also assist in shaping the future by contributing to the innovation pipeline as well as ensure the execution of integrated marketing plans working collaboratively with cross functional teams (IMC, finance, franchise, technical)
1. Consumer and Brand Insights
- Identify key insights on local consumers/shoppers, their expectations, perceptions and attitude towards the brand; and translating these insights in strategies and relevant plans
- Interpret brand image indicators, including the impact of marketing mix on these indicators;
- Analyze brand strengths/weaknesses and competitive situation. Understand drivers and barriers of growth and act upon that;
- Monitor brand health, including volume, value and share evolution.
- Assist in Developing long term vision and annual business plan;
- Develop entrepreneurial ideas and innovative ways to grow the brand in collaboration with the bottler and IMC team/local agencies;
- Capture great ideas coming from other countries and collaborate with other countries on big bets projects.
3. New Product development
- Together with international R&D, other internal partners and the bottler assist in the development of new products, from briefing to in market execution.
4. Communication & Connection platform
- Ensure the essentials of the brand are managed on a day to day basis (product, pack, visual identity) and coordinated with the bottler;
- Help develop concise, insightful and clear briefs for the IMC team. Execute communication and connection plan with internal partners, local agencies and external partners;
- Help manage the budget.
Key Contacts (internal/external):
• Business Manager - Daily, Strategic planning Assistance, alignment on initiatives execution, and update on progress of key projects
• Marketing Manager - Overall update on business progress, results and issues
• Bottlers (Marketing managers) - Daily, Key initiatives alignment, Operational and Executional details/issues, as well as budget allocation agreements
•IMC Team: Alignment on Brand communication strategy and plans
• K&I Nature and Purpose of Interaction - Weekly, analysis on key business indicators and customized research results
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree (Mandatory)
Master's Degree (Preferable)
Fresh Graduate /Experience in fast growth organizations/leading FMCGs preferred
Experience with the use of marketing & statistical tools preferred (Advisor, SPSS, etc)
• Middle East is a diverse Region of its own with different cultural of traditions & local political complexities. A high level of communication skills in English and Arabic (Preferred) is crucial to understand & deal with different cultures / values
•Understand of the local politics, habits, and social backgrounds of the different managed countries / markets
• Open to incorporate & promote learning from diverse functions, territories, & Industries
• Adaptability to interact with different people, in diverse places, & with all layers in the organization at the same time (in a bottler plant from a truck driver all the way up to the GM)
• In depth analysis and holistic analysis leveraging multiple sources to build actionable insights into growing the business
Assist MM/BMs in gaining alignment of multiple entities (BU, GM, market managers and Bottlers) and managing different objectives within that (Long term Brand building vs. short term volume driving)
Judgment and Decision-Making:
• Support brand strategy in alignment with MM/ Region marketing manager
• Help build the innovation pipeline in alignment with marketing manager
Accelerates Sustainable Growth
• Drives Innovation
• Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders
• Develop Self and Others
• Act like an Owner
• Inspire Others
The work input required for the brand manager:
• Consumers learnings, market data, and brand health measures
• IMC/Creative agency recommendation and creative execution for agreed key initiatives
• Bottlers and Management alignment on key initiatives and executions
The work output of the goes to:
• MM/Regional Marketing Manager for alignment and approval
• Presentations of business results updates for marketing manager and Marketing Director
• Recommendations for key initiatives to the management team
English (mandatory), Arabic (Preferred)
Applicants will be assessed against our growth behaviors'.
Curious - Keep seeking, never settle.
Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Empowered - Make it happen.
True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
V1.0, 2.0, 3.0 - Push for progress, not perfection.
There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Inclusive - Include, value and trust each other.
We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn't enough. We need genius.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.