Position Overview:The General Labor position is responsible for safely performing daily job functions as well as understanding and following all safety, attendance, and Rules of Conduct guidelines. The General Labor position must perform cleaning and sanitation requirements to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards. Work is performed in all areas of a multi-level production facility and includes exposure to temperature extremes for extended time periods. Work may include contact with high noise levels, moving machinery, heights, liquids, fumes, confined spaces, vibrations, dust, and include repetitive bending and lifting, etc.
Function Specific Activities:
Proposed Work Schedule:
- Assigned shift based on work week schedules to include 8, 10, 12 or a combination of different hours based on business needs. Shift Flexibility and potential weekend shifts required.
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Cleaning, sanitation, painting and small repairs.
- Identify, report, and problem solve issues.
- Learn other jobs throughout the facility and train new/other employees.
- Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment
- (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.)
JOB LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS
- Coca- Cola North America, Syrup branch.
- Work is performed mostly on production floor.
- Work is of non-repetitive nature and requires exposure to moderate noise levels, working around moving equipment, wetness, and hazardous chemicals.
- Work is performed on fixed shifts.
- Manufacturing facility subject to extreme heat and cold.
- Multi-shift operation. Overtime might be required.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED AND TOOLS USED:
- Forklift, shrink wrapper, dock doors, freight elevators, battery hoist and chargers, two way radios, fax machines, computer, printers and telephone.
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
- Safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, hairnets, beard nets, protective aprons & face shields where applicable.
- Mobility to all areas of a multi-level production facility.
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic Math Skills (+, - , x, ÷).
- Read, write, and ability to understand instructions.
- Demonstrates good attendance record.
- Ability to move materials weighing 50 pounds for distances of ten feet or more.
Technical Skills/ Business Etiquette:
- Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.