Position Overview:The role require a thorough knowledge of the law and a good understanding of the business as a whole and the particular business question at hand so as to provide the best possible business solution that serves to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the business, within acceptable levels of risk. The role will also act a local ethics officers for Turkey and needs to work closely with E&C Office to judge and decide on Code matters.
• Will be responsible for providing legal guidance to the Turkey business.
• Will represent the legal function on the Turkey Leadership Team and be a strong credible business partner and advisor. Will also participate in leadership & people routines for the region and provide input on PDF & performance conversations.
• Provide reliable and resourceful legal and business advice on a broad spectrum areas to associates and management with respect to day to day operations including development, commercialization and launch of products, advertising and marketing of products, risk management.
• Undertake comprehensive risk-assessment in relation to matters affecting Turkey business, provide inputs on strategies of Turkey and provide legal opinions, and where needed, undertake legislation research and obtain advice from outside counsel on specific matters which may affect short and long- term business objectives.
• Help calibrate and drive compliance astuteness and culture within Turkey in support of implementation of business strategy and ensure compliance with company policy and provide suitable training and support in the area of corporate governance.
• Draft, negotiate, review, revise and finalize documents concerning the Company's interests, including all types of basic and complex agreements.
• Review/Approve all labels, packaging, novelty agreements, advertising and promotions initiatives, PAC and marketing materials and consumer communication.
• Collaborate with Human Resources Function with regard to labor law matters as necessary.
• Coordinate litigation, trademark and patent registrations/oppositions and related documentation in collaboration with Company trademark counsel and outside counsel.
• Participate in any cross-functional projects on innovation, new product launches and development.
• Managing corporate secretarial activities including but not limited to managing requisite statutory filings, assisting in arranging board meetings and general assembly meetings. Represent and/or guide the representation of Company interests in dealing with local governmental authorities and associations including the Bottling Partner.
• Carry out any other instruction given by TCCA & MENA BU legal counsel to advance the interests of the business
Function Specific Activities:
Drafting contracts, memoranda and other documents of a contractual nature, whether binding on the Company or not. Negotiating the terms with related parties to minimize Company's legal risks Providing general legal and business, advice on a case by case basis to the business ( all functions) including on strategies, business models, developing recommendations regarding important legal issues, analysing legal issues affecting multiple jobs Collaborating with the Trademark Team and Corporate legal in order to protects Intellectual property rights of the Company, upon investigating the plans with teams Coordinating and managing litigation matters involving the Company with outside counsel and making every effort to prevent litigation Conducting internal trainings on a variety of areas to help foster a strong culture of compliance and good governance within the business. Drafting and where appropriate issuing letters on behalf of management and representation offices including cease & desist letters, warning letters, termination letters Acting as Local Ethics Officer supporting E&C Office Work closely with legal department of Bottler/s to support them to be in compliance with Company policies and implement routines to ensure system alignment and governance Working on processes to ensure having a more efficient and productive way of doing business Managing corporate secretarial activities
Negotiation of terms and conditions of basic and complex contracts; Collaborate with HR in dealing with employment-related matters;
Dealing with IP rights including trademark matters; and disputes with external parties, business models,
Managing Corporate Secretarial activities,
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
The role require a thorough knowledge of the law and a good understanding of the business as a whole and the particular business question at hand so as to provide the best possible business solution that serves to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the business, within acceptable levels of risk. The role will also act a local ethics officers for Turkey and needs to work closely with E&C Office to judge and decide on Code matters.
Creative ways of approaching issues, processes and policies and offering solutions and improvements where necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
- Complete knowledge of and full application of simple routine procedures and basic principles of theories in speciality areas of law including litigation
- Broad spectrum of different specialized areas of law within designated region like commercial, competition, consumer, employment law.
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Develops & Inspire Others
- Influencing Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities
- Delivers Results
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
- Lives the Values ( integrity, sets an example)
- System experience (will be a plus)
Job Requirements:See the attached JD
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.