Position Overview:To properly clean, fill, seal and label beverage containers on various production lines for shipment. To ensure quality, weight and labeling of product containers. To load packaged goods and concentrates onto trailers.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Maintain logs and records
- Operates Filler/Packaging/Boxforming/Palletizing Equipment
- Load packages, containers onto machines
- Supply line with raw materials needed
- Check for proper filling, seals, damaged product
- Operate sealing equipment, seal containers
- Supply glue machines with glue
- Set up printers/labelers for various flavors
- Operate filling/cleaning equipment via computer screens
- Move filled containers/packages to storage
- Weigh containers/perform process checks
- Records statistical data and number of containers filled
- Rework product if damaged containers (leakers) or pour up waste syrup
- Wash equipment between flavors and clean and sanitize equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and clear jams on machines as needed
- Forklift operations/inspections
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Full compliance with Quality Management System (QMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), Safety Management System (SMS) and Food Safety Management System (FSMS) requirements.
- Fills in on any lines when needed
Job Location and Work Conditions:
- All Coca- Cola North America Supply Chain Operations, Syrup branches.
- Work is performed mostly on production floor.
- Work is of non-repetitive nature and requires exposure to moderate noise levels, confined spaces, working around moving equipment, wetness, fumes; hazardous chemicals.
- Work is performed on fixed shifts. Manufacturing facility subject to extreme heat and cold. Multi-shift operation.
- Computers; forklift; palletizer, filler, box former,
- Case packer, glue machine, printers, two way radios, freight elevators
Required Safety Equipment:
- Safety shoes; gloves; safety glasses; masks; ear protection and hairnets where applicable
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 0 - 1 year of general work experience.
- Prior warehouse experience required.
- Ability to operate a manual/powered pallet jack or lift product is preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Certified Forklift License a plus.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and procedures
- Visual ability to monitor, identify and detect ingredient, container, and equipment problems
- Ability to record information
- Ability to move at least 65 lbs a distance of 5ft. Manual dexterity to manipulate small objects
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive motions for extended periods (2 hours)
Why My Job Is Important:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Cost per gallon
- Distribution Defects
- Defects per Million
- Inventory Accuracy
- Quality System Failures
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.