Position Overview:Experienced Quality Assurance Specialist that samples, analyses, and releases ingredients and finished products to ensure that all products meet the quality standards of The Coca-Cola Company. Must be knowledgeable of analytical instrumentation and wet chemistry techniques and analysis. Testing experience includes microbiological techniques, titration, HPLC, GC and spectrophotometric methods. Familiarity with GMP/GLP, ISO standards and regulatory requirements needed.
Function Specific Activities:
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Performs daily laboratory analyses of ingredients and beverage base/concentrate.
- Assure the functioning of an area of the laboratory, including but not limited to:
- Correct SOP's are being properly followed
- Records are complete, accurate and timely
- Good laboratory practices are being followed
- Chemical wastes are properly disposed
- Laboratory is clean and organized
- SPC, calibration and maintenance of instruments are done as required
- Standards are prepared and handled properly
- Retention samples are collected and handled as required
- Results and dispositions are reported in a timely manner
- Resolution of problems with ingredients and finished products
- Performs analyses using wet chemical and general laboratory instrumentation (pH, titrators, analytical balances, density meters, spectrophotometer, GC, HPLC)
- Releases products and ingredients
- Performs and interprets microbiological analyses on ingredients and products that are micro sensitive to ensure the quality and shelf life of products and ingredients
- Works with production to ensure accuracy of batch composition
- Monitors plant to ensure high sanitary standards are maintained and inspects production lines, equipment, and setup for compliance with concentrate manufacturing and quality standards
- Trouble shoots production process problems based on analyses and data interpretation
- Investigates and finds solutions to distressed batches and immediately communicates the situation to QA senior Analyst and QA manager
- Perform chemical analyses using instrumental or non-instrumental methods (wet chemical methods) or methods in order to determine the composition of samples.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Related Work Experience:
- 2 years of work experience in relevant related field.
- Laboratory Practices/testing: Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (e.g., handling of chemicals and glassware, preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping).
- Instrumental Analysis: Ability to analyze ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments. This includes preparation of analytical standards and standard curves.
- Ingredients: Knowledge of key ingredients used in production of concentrates and beverage bases (e.g., caramel, citric acid, benzoate, juice, phosphoric acid, maltodentrin).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent.They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
Years of Experience:2-3 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.