Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
- Complex selling experience with proven ability to create and sell-in customer specific promotional programs & key incentives.
- Food Service Dispensed Sales Experience (Fountain/Freestyle, Frozen, Tea, Full Serve Beverages).
- Bottle/Can DSD environment.
- Coca-Cola Systems and business development planning experience.
- Proven ability to manage needs and concerns of multiple stakeholders across various business systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related business experience required.
- Min 5-7 years sales/marketing/account management experience in large consumer goods organization with increased responsibility.
Function Specific Activities - The following is a list of top Function-Specific activities performed in the job.
- National Call Point for both Food Service/Dispensed & Bottle/Can Beverage categories & contract negotiations. Dynamic growth customer, with centralized category decision makers, which provide direction for the operations divisions. Regular business reviews with customers to monitor the relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Uses Collaborating for Value & Collaborative Business Planning approach to understand customer business needs, issues faced and opportunities with various customer buyers to develop viable solutions.
- Work with integrated account team to manage key aspects of the food service dispensed business relationship. Develops and implements Long Term & Annual Business Plans (Food Service & B/C) and associated forecast volume, revenue and expense. Acts as system-wide expert on strategy, business systems, and operating philosophy of assigned customer(s). Ensures flawless execution of programs throughout the system. Write Annual Total (Food Service & B/C) Business Plan (ABP) for customer.
- Aligns key strategies and initiatives to deliver both Target and Coca-Cola growth. Generates system alignment to deliver customer business plan across bottler territories.
- Acts as a system-wide customer expert to ensure that The Coca-Cola System understands customer(s) objectives, strategies, positioning, and needs and that Company programs are consistent with their needs.
- Oversees National programs & coordinate execution with division level AE's. Manages overall funding & customer payments.
- Build business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer using information collected during the account discovery process (e.g. Identify & Understand Customer Needs, Identifying Opportunities, in-outlet visits) to ensure plan meets customer needs.
- Align with Account Team to address senior level buyers to build relationships and gain their support and commitment to various initiative/programs.
- Solve issues that arise during execution to eliminate barriers.
- Review monthly call volume detail reports to ensure all customer outlets are correctly represented and are active.
- Prepare and review performance updates for team to identify variances from plan and determine adjustments for delivering commitments. Run monthly volume reports to track and monitor volume performance.
Job Requirements - the following is a listing of minimum indicated requirements for this job.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Related work experience
5-7 years Sales/Marketing Experience.
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.