Position Overview:This role is as a marketing “Futurists”; looking ahead to identify emerging trends, insights, categories (and brands) of importance to Japanese consumers in the future. The EGP marketer networks with cultural leaders, trend experts and early-adopter consumers. They are aware of entrepreneurial activity and understand that entrepreneurs are turning the unknown to known and are a critical part of advancing innovation. The EGP Marketing Director is responsible for helping build our future consumer portfolio, serving both as a marketing expert and a voice of the future.
Function Specific Activities:
• Lead Emerging Growth Platforms (“EGP) “Futurist” strategy development to build capability within the organization
• Build strong capability in understanding influencer/early adopter consumers.
• Synthesize information from various sources to build/create story that will influence broader organization.
• Use data/insights of future growth areas to drive strategic choices of what brands, categories, and/or opportunities that EGP should pursue.
• Develop & lead EGP “Futurist” initiatives that help acquire advanced insight and capability for the organization. Examples include:
• Development of global “Future Society” with peer organizations
• Create EGP “Futurist network” with consumers, partners & influencers
• Develop, consult & influence the growth of EGP portfolio brands & innovations.
• Lead marketing integration & strategic support for new brand development and acquisitions.
• Provide coaching & consulting to EGP brands on their marketing and business plan development with Consumers, TCCC, Customers, and Bottlers.
• Lead innovation/brand development for new EGP brand(s).
• Steward & develop the “EGP brand” with internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop internal & external marketing & communications strategy for the EGP brand. Execute marketing initiatives accordingly.
Manages and builds partnerships with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders in the EGP ecosystem (brands in our portfolio, entrepreneurs, KO stakeholders, the marketplace, etc.).
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.