Position Overview:The Unified Communications Specialist will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the global environment. The successful candidate will have deep technical knowledge in unified communication solutions, call center technologies, routing protocols and infrastructure components such as session boarder controllers and gateways. This position leads discussions and technical reviews of customer and company requirements. Translates requirements into solutions in the unified communication space, which can also include integration of video conferencing. Mentors junior team members and seeks to engage broader Global IT community to build solutions that align with Global IT Strategies and objectives. Creates training materials for end users and other support staff including Help Desk and Client Operations teams.
Function Specific Activities:
- Implementation, test and turn up of customer Voice & Video services in cooperation with the customer
-Technical validation of new customer Voice & Video requests
Manage or participate in cross-functional teams to promote technology strategies, analyze products, conduct pilots and implement new solutions.
-Technical point of contact for customers issues related to Voice & Video service implementation, test and turn up.
- Produce customer documentation to support formal service delivery and hand over process
- Supply regular updates to Customers, keeping them aware of progress on their orders and assisting
- Analyze business requirements (e.g., functional and technical requirements, information need, business processes) by conducting information-gathering sessions with clients, analyzing the information and prioritizing the requirements to gain understanding of the business needs.
- Consult with business and IT projects to gather requirements and translate those requirements into unified communication solutions. Provide estimates and/or designs to project teams. Lead any necessary integrations or builds for projects.
- Manage a project against a plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Analyze project financials and trends to identify opportunities, escalating issues and variances to budget where necessary Promote and monitor compliance of solution development activities with audit and information risk policies.
- Manage risks, assessing gaps/opportunities, and implementing action plans to mitigate risks, when applicable.
- Provide oversight in diagnosing and resolving complex telecom infrastructure and network issues.
- Develop and consult on operational processes to support the environment. This would include Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and life cycle planning.
- Create documentation for Operations, Help Desk, and Region IT personnel. Create training materials for End Users.
- 2nd level support.
- Mentor junior team members and Region IT personnel. Elevate skill sets to facilitate ‘shift left' of work.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science, Telecommunications or related discipline.
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in technology.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in the following:
- Pursuing Innovation. - Applied in identification of opportunities - Implementation of strategies and platforms.
- Exerting Personal Influence - Applied in negotiations - Interactions - Work in a matrix context - Ability to work in networks, developing mutual trust relationships - Being a team player, sharing ideas and working interdependently - Facing conflict personally, managing dilemmas and differences with transparency and integrity.
- Enhancing and Sustaining Performance of Others. - Applied in coaching and developing capabilities in team/peers.
- Communicating Effectively. - Communication for commitment - Building and sustaining a position. Getting support of others. -Negotiation - Empathy and ability to listen and understand other's points of view.
- Building Value Based Relationships. - Applied in dual process with other IT Leads - Interactions with Service Leads and Senior Management.
Must have practical experience with the following. Certification(s) are a plus:
- Voice over IP communication systems design, implementation, integration, and support.
- Call Center technologies including Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems.
- UCaaS solutions including Cisco, Genesys and Microsoft Skype for Business.
- Network and infrastructure components such as Oracle Session Border Controllers.
- Mobile phone integration.
- Familiarity with data privacy requirements.
- Report development for communication products and environments including exploiting APIs for data extraction.
- Project Management.
- Problem Management.
- Vendor Management.
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.