Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.:
Identify, articulate, and commercialize key category growth ideas and opportunities to maximize customer category growth potential while creating value for the Coca-Cola Company. Create and maintain partnership with Sales Leads to become indispensable category partners with our Retail customers. Recognize retail trends and steward back to the internal and external clients, to influence strategy and development of the category initiatives based on key growth trends. Commercialize key beverage category strategic initiatives focused on driving category growth, championing category viability, and defending against category erosion.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Deliver impartial and objective total store and beverage solutions for the retailer by providing differentiated, timely, relevant, and actionable insights
- Provide leadership to a team of experts (within the customer team) across cross-functional teams to create dialogue via fact-based insights and actionable business analytics
- Prepare and make presentations, including market and industry trends, SWOT, competitive review, assortment, and category reviews
- Collaborate with Shopper Insights and apply the learnings to identify customer & sales growth opportunities. Lead the delivery of the shopper insights facts & proposed action to the customer.
- Collaborate with Space Strategy Manager to develop plans for the placement of company's products through recommended schematics and points o availability. Lead the delivery of space strategy plans & proposed action to the customer.
- Provide business situation assessment and support joint business plan development with key stakeholders:
- Lead the category advisory interaction with account and customer team to address key business questions and build strategies and tactics designed for future category growth
- Cultivate relationships within retailer's merchandising team and throughout the broader
- Utilize and understand IRI, Nielsen, shopper card, and internal proprietary data and systems to generate actionable insights that will help Coca-Cola drive category insights with customer.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: MBA or other graduate degree
Related Work Experience:
- 5+ Years in CPG Industry, Customer experience
- 8-10+ years in CPG Industry, Sales Management Experience
- Proficiency in at least one of the following areas: Category / Space Management, Shopper Insights
- Advanced analytical capability
- Strong working knowledge of syndicated data (e.g., IRI and/or Nielsen)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Proven oral and written communication, story-telling, and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and assignments
- Ability to work independently as well as within group projects
- Capabilities with customer specific data sources
- Ability to link category leadership strategies to customer strategies
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.