Position Overview:Job Objective:
A passionate brand manager to fuel growth, localize strategy and drive brand love and value for The Coca-Cola Company's portfolio of soft drinks at Iraq.
Working collaboratively with cross functional (finance, franchise, technical), cross System (both KO and Bottler), this individual will play a critical role in shaping brand strategies, understanding and leveraging on local insights enhancing the relevance of brands such as Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite among others to deeply connect with Iraqi people through impactful programs while also taking a lead in ensuring that the brand has the right packs/pricing. This person will be reporting to the Portfolio Marketing Manager for IRAQ and will work closely with the Franchise and Bottler's teams.
Function Specific Activities:
• Strengthen the local relevance for the sparkling soft drinks brands localizing the regional brand strategies by creating analysis, leveraging on key consumer insights, developing and executing targeted brands' plans for Iraq.
• Lead alignment on the brand initiatives with key functions (Technical, Finance, PAC, Franchise) and Bottler marketing and sales and Technical teams.
- Assist in developing Portfolio strategies across brands/categories
• Develop Annual Brand Business Review and Plans
• Recommend brand budgets and investment allocation.
• Ensure implementation of marketing initiatives on time
Brand Market share, NSR & Brand health score, volume, quality and timely implementation of BP activities.
Job Scope / Impact:
No of countries: 1
No of bottlers: 1
Key Contacts (internal/external):
• Portfolio Marketing Manager for IRAQ
• Coca-Cola TM, Sparkling Flavors and IMC Regional Marketing Managers - Strategic planning, alignment on initiatives execution, and update on progress of key projects
• Iraq Franchise Manager - Work side by side to drive business progress, results and provide marketing solutions
· Internal stakeholders: Technical, Finance, Franchise managers - Key initiatives alignment, Operational and Executional details/issues
• Bottler (Marketing managers) - Key initiatives alignment, Operational and Executional
details/issues, as well as budget allocation agreements
• K&I Nature and Purpose of Interaction - analysis on key business indicators and customized Research
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree preferably on Business Administration, Engineering, Marketing
Minimum 4-6 years of experience in brand marketing management (preferably in a global FMCG company)
• Middle East is a diverse Region of its own with different cultural of traditions & local political complexities. A high level of communication skills in English and Arabic is crucial to understand & deal with different cultures / values.
• Understand of the local politics, habits, and social backgrounds of Iraq.
• Open to incorporate & promote learning from diverse functions, territories, & Industries.
• Adaptability to interact with different people, in diverse places, & with all layers in the organization at the same time (in a bottler plant from a truck driver all the way up to the GM).
• Gaining alignment of multiple entities (BU, Group, market managers and Bottlers) and managing different objectives within that (Long term Brand building vs. short term volume driving)
Judgment and Decision-Making:
• Brand strategy in alignment with Regional Marketing Managers / Iraq Portfolio Marketing Manager.
• Big Bet Initiatives in cooperation with Market Managers, and bottler.
• Ability to evaluate creativity and media plans.
Accelerates Sustainable Growth (Thought Leadership)
•Collaborate with System, Customers, and other stakeholders
•Act like an owner
•Develop self and others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
• Demonstrates curiosity, learns fast and adapts to change.
• Makes bold recommendations.
• Obsessed with understanding consumers and how to better satisfy their needs.
• Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
• Performance driven and accountable.
• Removes barriers to move faster. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
•Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo.
• Creative agency recommendation and creative execution for agreed key initiatives
• Bottlers and Management alignment on brands' initiatives and executions.
Constant travel through the country and eventually travel to UAE
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.