Function Specific Activities:
Job Title: Manager, Juice Procurement
Job Grade: 10
Report to (Job Title): Takehiro Kojima (Senior Manager, Strategic Procurement)
Department: Strategic Procurement
Responsible for leading and managing the continuity of supply of juice and bits material, manage the volatility of juice market, providing strategic thought leadership and value chain creation to R&D/logistics team, including new supplier capability development.
The role drives performance through development and implementation of innovative integrated supply chain strategies, demand/supply operation planning with collaborative work with R&D/logistics/QA. The role also includes responsibilities to:
- Develop and execute cost-effective procurement strategies encompassing continuity of supply, quality, purchasing, exposure management, and infrastructure through 7 step sourcing process
- Manage purchasing programs of the juice category from grove to the end, including the juice manufacturer globally
- Negotiate contracts to secure favorable terms for long-term supply agreements
- Monitor budget(s) for respective areas
- Develop beneficial juice supply strategies for Japan BU collaborating with suppliers and aligning with global juice procurement organization
- Leads the execution of Supplier Relationship Management
- Relationship management with suppliers to create the sustainable supply base of juice and bits
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop the cost-effective juice procurement strategy, having the short / long term view of juice value chain. Monitor the volatility of juice market and write-off risks, and mitigate the risks if predicted (25%)
- Establish a sustainable / best in class value chain from supplier locations (grower, juice manufacturer) to delivery points (local processor, bottler plant), through the innovation from development stage with R&D to logistics operation (20%)
- Develop and build relationship with supplier (global/local), leading innovative process with suppliers and R&D, bring the valued strategic result to KO (20%)
- Manage COGS for juice, cost forecast, and cost reduction project (15%)
- Building strong relationship with internal customers such as R&D, Logistics, QM, Marketing, Finance (10%)
- Building collaborative relationship with global juice procurement community (10%)
Requirements/Qualifications: skills, knowledge, experience, etc.
- University/Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years related experience
- Knowledge of juice value chain from grove to end, such as sourcing of variety of juice and bits, variety of juice and bits processing technologies, firming cycle of juice business more than 5 years
- Typically, will have full responsibility for commodity line for a single country or division for at least 3 years
- Responsible for regional supply strategies for categories with minor to moderate risk for the Company for 3 years.
- Responsible for global categories with minor risk to the Company for 5 years.
- Proficient English to generate synergy with global procurement/logistics network
- Proficient Japanese to deal with Japanese suppliers and bottlers
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.