Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Machine Operator follows established procedures and guidelines to manufacture the organization's products according to production specifications and schedules. Job duties include operation of machines/production equipment safely and in accordance with instructions; monitors the quality of output to identify, discard or re-manufacture faulty products and maintains accurate daily production records. The operator is an individual contributor that works under limited supervision; applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
- Daily operation of filling machinery safely and efficiently to produce top quality products
- Troubleshoot machinery
- Responsible for proper and accurate product/package/code changes
- Complete and accurately document all activities during shift
- Maintain equipment per manufacturers and internal specifications by ensuring the completion of PM's, initiating work orders, and integrating into the maintenance team during rebuilds and supplementary repairs.
- Perform all Filling Operator CIP/COP duties and surface foaming with mechanical cleaning for all other areas.
- Report and/or correct safety issues. Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and surroundings.
- Perform quality inspections on materials and finished product. Quality checks to include, codes, seals and weights.
- If out of specification conditions are observed, notify responsible personnel and assist in resolution as appropriate. Follow procedures for Isolating hold product or defective material.
- Participation in training and qualifying associates, pre-shift meetings, team assignments and audits.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, GMP and all CCNA rules and policies.
- Report and/or correct safety issues.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and surroundings.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
Database and System Knowledge:
- The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet.
- This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results.
- This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc)
- High School Diploma required. Some advanced educational training is a plus (Associates, Certification, etc.)
- Must have prior skills in a leadership capacity (work, home, organization, church, etc.)
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and be capable of learning SAP Inventory Management and LIS software programs.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Solid interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast- paced, stressful environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Certified to run/operate multiple types of production line equipment is desired.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.