Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading the development of Operational Effectiveness strategies; develops strategies for performing detailed audits of practices at company manufacturing plants to ensure that procedures comply with guidelines set forth by all applicable domestic and international regulations; understands key business needs; reports policy exceptions and discrepancies and recommends corrective actions. Manages within a nominated sub-function or related sub-functions; typically a highly experienced manager who is accountable for budget, policy recommendations and medium-term planning; decisions tend to be more tactical at the country level.
This role will have primary focus on Warehouse Strategy/Layout optimization for CCNA Supply Chain.
Function Specific Activities:
- Lead and set strategic warehouse capability development roadmap and govern accordingly
- Lead and improves national warehouse operations to improve production efficiency and ensure optimum time availability. Lead network warehouse optimization
- Review plant production processes and equipment reliability (e.g., technology, systems, quality, cost, efficiencies, yield) in order to recommend process improvements.
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
- Analyzes plant warehouse performance data in order to identify and correct operational reliability opportunities.
- Identifies and corrects production inventory availability and levels as needed
- Develop process improvement initiatives (e.g., supplier business processes and practices) in order to benefit the KO system and suppliers by directing supply chain activities, involving external suppliers, functional peers, account teams and/or cross-functional teams with a focus on Maintenance.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Provide technical assessment of equipment to determine what components should be repaired or replaced to maximize waste elimination
- Provides SME for production and warehouse personnel, OE expertise
- Leads plant diagnostic expertise to identify sources of waste
- Responsible for aligning the Manufacturing Operational Excellence vision through the successful development and governance of strategic initiatives supported by the platforms. Govern progress and support bridging platform and co-manufacturing gaps.
- Lead OE integration alignment within manufacturing and co-manufacturing
- Govern and monitor the effectiveness of management routines and metrics; recommend and implement changes as needed to ensure business objectives are met.
- 75% Travel Required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification and/or network Maintenance strategy and deployment experience
- MBASix Sigma Master Blackbelt certification
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- At least 7 years of experience
- Preference is 10+ years
SPECIALIZED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Warehouse layout and optimization
- Deep understanding of inventory and product flow management
- OE and Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience. Ability to lead and develop OE and waste elimination capability
- Lead and implement Root Cause Analysis protocols and processes
- Business Planning: Knowledge of specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies to perform short and long-term business planning.
- Ability to incorporate strengths, weaknesses, external opportunities and threats into business plan strategies and execution tasks.
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve current state.
- Occupational Safety Regulations: Knowledge of the Company, local, national and international regulatory requirements
- e.g., safety, emergency management) that apply to Company locations or processes and the actions required to keep the Company in compliance with these regulations.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: Knowledge of the basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a manufacturing environment and the ability to apply them.
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier.
- Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics. Ability to measure against those standards. Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics.
- SMED, Theory of Constraints, SALT, RCA, PM/AM, and Six Sigma theory and application
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.