Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Position located in Kansas City MO or St. Louis MO
- Develops of commercial plan across all channels (national strategies + local opportunities). Manages the annual channel and customer planning process for the Region, including providing overarching direction to a large/small store growth managers on key strategic commercialization opportunities and delivering scalable solutions.
- Translates channel plans into customer plans with focus on local customer segment. Defines capacity for customers/channels and works with Commercial team to incorporate highest leverage initiatives, products, programming and supporting tools into strategic and annual customer/channel plans.
- Leads development and commercialization of a segmented commercial strategy (OBPPC, LOS, etc.) for large/small and On-Premise channels
- Reporting in to the Director will be a Retail Growth Managers for Large Store and Small Store.
Annual Commercial Planning:
- Manages situation assessment to identify key long and short term strategic channel/customer commercialization opportunities for region (i.e. Meal Solutions, Millennial recruitment, Hydration).
- Provide/facilitate feedback loop to Cat Comm teams to ensure translation and successful commercialization of brand strategies into channel/customer-oriented initiatives and pilots (i.e. Coke with Food, Low Cal Portfolio).
- Collaborates with Cat Comm & Equipment teams to develop scalable retail solutions to commercialize strategic brand initiatives and secure priority POI's (i.e. Deli Racks, Low Cal POS). Defines and quantifies Sources of Growth for each initiative and link to annual Bottler Planning process.
- Develop customer facing imperatives and utilizes supporting Look of Success tools (LOS floor maps, etc.) to assist in commercialization/sell-in of strategic brand initiatives and key Points of Inspiration.
Annual Joint Bottler Planning:
- Assist in the stewardship of the annual Bottler planning process with Franchise Team, including conducting key planning sessions and assisting with development of short and long-term plans to support portfolio and brand growth targets
- Translates channel plans into customer plans with focus on local customer segment
- Responsible for development and on-going management of the channel/commercial business plan for Region and continually enhancing the value the team can bring across the business.
- Provide strategic and commercial guidance to assist in development of RED surveys and steward RED performance to customer teams via key routines.
- Work with Commercial/RGM to align on key KBI's to track as part of the monthly scorecard and IPO's. Steward performance with team on a monthly basis to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Steward product/program sell-in info from customer teams upstream into Cat Comms and downstream into Regions.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills across brand and IMC as well as external communications partner agencies.
- Rapid communication of complex information and frameworks
- Comfortable in working in ambiguity and white space and ability to build and articulate a vision and customize to particular brand, customer or constituent needs
- Ability to create a sustaining innovation discipline in the organization and get others to buy in and support
- Excellent Negotiation skills with the ability to listen and understand other points of view
Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred
- 15 years of broad System experience - ability to draw insights and take action
- Proven operational and brand experience
- Strong commercial planning skills
- Strong program management experience
- Strong change management capabilities
- Successful strategic thinking Acumen - positioning, role, occasions
- Effectively communicates & builds relationships at all organizational levels
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.