Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Leads the Regional commercialization process across CBU, PSS, NPSG, NRS, CCNA supply and Bottlers for marketwide innovation (i.e. vitaminwater active), customer specific in/outs (i.e. Dollar General Military cans) and operationalizing sku changes resulting from product lifecycle analysis and decisions (i.e. de-list 4pk 20oz Powerade). Commercialization process will include detailed launch planning, forecasting, AMPs targets, product supply issues and operational sku management. Scope of the role includes >100 innovation sku's annually, contributing >25% of annual business plan revenue growth. Success for the role is defined by on-time and on-budget implementation of all projects within commercialization process and accuracy of forecasting and AMPS assumptions
List the duties in order of importance:
- Project leadership (commercial and product supply) for all innovation and operational sku changes. Utilize E2E thinking to include planning, forecasting, execution and stewardship.
- Drive collaboration across all functions through routine leadership and marketplace insights to ensure optimal execution in the marketplace
- Proactively identify and resolve product supply Service Level Agreement issues between producing and purchasing Bottlers
- Proactively identify risks to successful implementation, problem solve and contingency plan to deliver on-time/budget. Secure cross-functional resources as needed to drive solutions.
- Project stewardship to highlight key wins and utilize key learnings to continuously improve overall process. Also includes project close-out and post project review.
- Multi-function communications to ensure that each regional Bottler has provided their initial 90-day forecast for finished goods, producing Bottlers have received forecast, orders, planned and shipped to all Bottlers to support new product launches. Communication is across decision makers within: Category Commercialization, National Retail Sales for customer authorizations, Bottler Commercialization, Bottler Production, Bottler Purchasers and NPSG or Company PSS where necessary.
- Early Risk identification to identify contingency plans and issue resolution for marketplace readiness and Bottler to Bottler product supply. Functionally variable across CCNA CBU, PSS and Bottler Commercial and production.
- Adjustments to implementation plan. Clearly communicating any plan changes, rationale, and implications to impacted constituents (i.e. bottler, CBU, NRS teams)
- Ensuring on-time and accurate forecasting for innovation
- Deployment of product allocation for the bottlers due to supply constraints (i.e. Dunkin '17)
- Transition timelines for sku changes to minimize BD&L and maximize commercial transitions.
- Post launch analysis to determine areas of success and improvement against total cost of implementation, AMPs achievement, forecast accuracy etc.
- New role: collaborate with Category Commercialization and PSS to develop initial process and role sort for the role.
- Develop/change process and interface with bottler ownership to insure flawless execution
- Determine process and role sort with Franchise Operations product supply group
- Identify process improvements through fact-based experience through iterative learning.
- Provide innovative ideas to solve the dilemma between increasing sku's and constrained warehouse space for innovation
- 7-10 years' work-related experience
- Minimum education level required: University/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- CPG and DSD experience
- Proven track record of change leadership
- Project leadership experience- process discipline
- Proactive issue identification and importantly complex problem solving
- Proactive closed-loop resolution to problems
- Collaboration across multiple functions with complex interdependencies
- Demonstrated communications skills across mediums (verbal, digital)
- Product Supply and supply chain experience
- Commercialization- brand/product/package
- Influencing through analysis and facts
- Broad system network to move with speed and agility
- Strong analytical and organization skills
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.