Position Overview:It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Position is located in Birmingham, Alabama
The Franchise Manager serves as the primary point of contact representing the total region portfolio. The Franchise Manager will be accountable for the assigned geographic area. The FM will steward the development of the beverage brands of The Coca-Cola Company with primary accountability of growing revenue, volume, share and transactions through:
1. Business Plan Stewardship
2. Capability Building
3. Channel Strategy and Execution
3. Commercial/Customer Alignment
4. Relationship and Contractual Management
Business Plan Stewardship
- Weekly/monthly performance management stewardship; revenue, volume, share, transaction metrics.
- Monitors performance versus execution objectives, re-plans as necessary and provides feedback to key stakeholders.
- Stewards commercial strategy and plans with Franchise owners for local market execution (i.e., SSD IC recruitment strategy)
- Responsible for collaborating on the contingency plan to deliver ABP performance in channels to include revenue, volume, share, net outlets, SOVI (share of visual inventory), and pricing within Chicago Business Unit.
? Standardizes common approach to capability building based on bottler segmentation
? Assesses local Bottler commercial capabilities against established commercial strategies and objectives using the core measures within the Global Commercial Leadership Diagnostic Analysis Model; identifying gaps and develops action plans to improve capabilities
? Coordinates training/development enables more effective processes, scorecards and business routines to achieve the annual business plan.
Channel Strategy and Execution
- Work with franchise commercial manager to steward the planning process that is in place bi-monthly, ensuring all customer plans are included.
- Be the SME for Large Store, Small Store and FSOP Channel Plans and work with respective Directors and their sales teams at bottler to execute the plan. Participate in all channel planning routines from Atlanta.
- Provides Bottler performance feedback to Franchise Leadership “serving as voice of the market” for GLCC.
- Monitors market conditions and reports competitive activity to management, Bottler and local associates in order to understand program effectiveness and any implementation barriers.
- Work with Commercial Manager to support the development of commercial stewardship bi-monthly planning stewardship
- Ensure all National Retail, National Foodservice and Regional (CCNA call point) customer plans are communicated within planning process to ensure end to end execution.
- Manages discretionary budgets related to CCNA support for execution in the market as well as Cold Drink Equipment
Relationship and Agreements
- Understands bottling contract and National Supply Chain agreements
- Ensure connection to CCT leads from bottler for all governance stewardship
- Understand governance agreement and how governance routines work
- Lead RCLB meeting when in Chicago (Region Customer Leadership Board)
Position Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Level: MBA
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Required: Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience
SKILLS: Minimum Required:
? Annual Business Planning
? Customer and Distributor Management
Franchise Capabilities: System Alignment, Collaborating for Value, Influencing Key Stakeholders, Shared Metrics
Commercial Capabilities: Picture of Success, Performance Scorecard
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.