Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Sr. Manager Commercial Process will be accountable for development of strategies and implementation of the Commercial Planning Process. Lead development & sustainability of commercial planning; aligning capabilities, tools and processes for sales teams, franchise commercialization teams, and cross functional partners. Leverage internal and external global commercial planning best practices to drive an end to end approach inclusive of Category Business Units, Channel, National Retail and Foodservice Sales, front line sales and independent bottling partners. Conduct continuous improvement activities to ensure that the Commercial Planning Process evolves as the organization's requirements evolve.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities (Top 5-8 core responsibilities)
Lead Commercial Process strategy and design:
- Develop and lead overall vision, strategy and design of Commercial Planning process
- Influence and gain alignment with executive leadership on commercial planning vision, strategies, initiatives and plans to ensure critical business and Commercial Planning objectives are met
- Align with Category Business Units, Channel Comm, Shopper Marketing and Franchise Leadership to execute a standard process, standardizing critical inputs/ outputs and deliverables
Innovation/Ongoing Evaluation of Processes and Tools:
- Partner with Tools team to design innovative approaches and next generation tools to streamline program communications
- Anticipates business requirements AND/OR identifies internal needs that will ultimately impact the customer
- Identify approaches for end to end Commercial Planning solutions that reduce waste and complexity.
- Direct the development of feedback processes and incorporates continuous improvement into these processes. Accountable for the sharing of ongoing process improvement of execution initiatives to CCNA leadership
Import/Export best practices and collaborates with cross-functional teams, Franchise leadership, and Global Commercial teams to import and export best practices that enhance the Commercial Process within the Coke system.
- Provide thought leadership to other functions on Commercial Planning requirements (e.g. input to IT on systems requirements & other Centers of Excellence).
- Partner with counterpart teams delivering dependent capabilities (PicOS, Segmentation, Sales Automation) to ensure the commercial process supports these new capabilities.
- Actively manage Trimester commercial planning routines and enabling communication platforms
- Partner with NA Strategy to align commercial process calendar and milestones to the ABP process
Tracking and Compliance
- Responsible for tracking process compliance and execution completion metrics
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree Required
Related Work Experience:
• 8-10 years project management experience with large, fast-paced organization
• 2 - 4 years progressive CPG experience involving front-line executional systems
• CPG Industry Knowledge and/or knowledge of The Coca-Cola System
• Analytical and quantitative skills.
• Knowledge of training development, design, and implementation
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.