Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Group Director, National Retail Sales & Governance is a new role that follows the new CCNA business model - which combines NRS into Franchise - as one team. This role will be responsible for the following:
1. The Finance Business Partner for the NRS Sales lead : 80+ Customers
The partnership was previously managed by VP Finance NRS and will be lead by this new role. As the team managed is smaller than the VP Finance had; the role will be responsible for ensuring NRS sales has a link and understanding of the CCNA P&L (Conc P&L) and has measured sales metrics to manage the team.
2. The lead person responsible for the CAS tool and related routines - CAS is the Forecast and Trade Checkbook tool used for all of NRS customers ( by CCNA RGM team and bottler teams) that also contains the backbone data to generate TPO insights - used by the Strategic Commercial teams.
- The role will have heavy interaction with the NRS RGM team in running the CAS Forecast and Trade Checkbook routines in the tools. CAS houses 80+ customer forecasts and also manages the spend in checkbooks for each customer trade budget . This tool is a critical resource used to manage trade checkbooks with the sales teams and provide bottoms up customer forecasts used by brand and franchise leadership. CCNA is liable for any over spend of the checkbooks - as the Sales lead. A 1% overspend in the checkbooks would be millions of $ risk to CCNA
- The role will have the Customer Governance Finance Director brought in to report to it. The leadership of Governance is critical to establishing the rules, training and evolution of how trade is managed in the Checkbooks. This role is a critical link to the effectiveness of how we organize and manage trade and deal with various financial issues that arise with Customers, Bottlers and Sales teams. Bringing this role under the NRS Lead allows for better integration of how we set-up Trade and how we manage trade in the IT tool: CAS.
- Lead for NRS interface with Sales team - for financial matters, KBIs and CCNA Conc P&L linkage. Business Partner with NRS lead and team.
- Lead for CAS tool- all aspects - Point for the tool with IT, bottlers, RGM, Brand. Lead all routines related to Checkbook and Trade in the tool. Establish expectations and implement with RGM and Bottlers.
- Strategic direction for Governance and how we evolve Trade Management in the future with Bottler $ and Brand $
- People Management and Development
- Bachelor's Degree and equivalent work experience in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics
- Finance/Accounting background
- MBA, CPA, or CFA
- Experienced financial planning background with minimum 10-13 years of experience within packaged goods companies.
- Financial planning and innovation background with 13+ years of experience.
- Business Planning / Rolling Estimate Process. Ability to apply forecasting techniques and skills to develop and evaluate business goals and strategies, analyzing information to derive insights and implications to initiate planning and/or re-planning.
- Experience in variance analysis and narratives, risk and opportunities tracking, and controlling actual results versus budget.
- Understanding of drivers of volume and profitability.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and using financial models, templates, strategic and operational measures and software programs/systems in order to perform financial analysis.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present financial results to large audiences.
- Knowledge of value chain analysis, P&L drivers and Stages & Gates process.
- Understanding of CPG and Coca-Cola specific go to market structures and options
- Understanding of strategy development, execution and support methodologies
- Financial Policies and Procedures. Knowledge of the Company's financial policies and procedures including Standard Practices and Procedures, Standard Accounting Codes, Reporting and Budgeting, Code of Business Conduct, ISSCOM, as well as internal policies and procedures specific to area of responsibility (e.g., controller's group, fountain, operations, manufacturing).
- Ability to manage people effectively and develop associates in financial planning skills and growth behaviors.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles.
- Business Planning / Rolling Estimate Process.
- Innovation and Stage & Gates Process.
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.