Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Financial Planning & Innovation Manager for Active Hydration & Water portfolio is a key member of the Still Business Unit Financial Planning & Innovation team. This position will report the Still BU Financial Planning & Innovation Director and will be responsible for managing the financial routines for the Active Hydration & Water Brands and providing finance support to Active Hydration & Water Innovation projects/Stages & Gates process. This is an individual contributor role.
The position requires a solid understanding of the CCNA financial reporting routines and Innovation Process. Candidates should have strong communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Manage all financial routines including month-end close, rolling estimates, risks and opportunities and annual business plan related to Active Hydration & Water brands.
- Perform Active Hydration & Water Brands variance analysis, complete narratives and communicate key performance indicators to Brand and Commercial Finance Teams.
- Prepare Active Hydration & Water Brands business unit consolidated monthly summary financial reports and narratives.
- Partner with DME COE to manage DME and Trade Spend budgets with robust financial analysis, provide timely input and feedback; ensure effective and efficient investment decisions are made.
- Partner with Opex COE to manage operating expenses budgets, provide summaries to Brand teams and ensure Risks and Opportunities are identified and communicated.
- Provide finance expertise to the Active Hydration & Water brand teams for new product/package/flavor launches, and financial support for the Stages & Gates routines. This includes, collaborating with Brand Innovation Team to analyze innovation pipeline, including value chain analysis of existing and new brand/product/package introductions, line extensions and brand marketing programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and equivalent work experience in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics
- Finance/Accounting background
- MBA, CPA, or CFA
- Experienced financial planning background with minimum 7-10 years of experience within packaged goods companies.
- Financial planning and innovation background with 10+ years of experience.
- Business Planning / Rolling Estimate Process. Ability to apply forecasting techniques and skills to develop and evaluate business goals and strategies, analyzing information to derive insights and implications to initiate planning and/or re-planning.
- Experience in variance analysis and narratives, risk and opportunities tracking, and controlling actual results versus budget.
- Understanding of drivers of volume and profitability.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and using financial models, templates, strategic and operational measures and software programs/systems in order to perform financial analysis.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present financial results to large audiences.
- Knowledge of value chain analysis, P&L drivers and Stages & Gates process.
- Financial Policies and Procedures. Knowledge of the Company's financial policies and procedures including Standard Practices and Procedures, Standard Accounting Codes, Reporting and Budgeting, Code of Business Conduct, ISSCOM, as well as internal policies and procedures specific to area of responsibility (e.g., controller's group, fountain, operations, manufacturing).
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles.
- Business Planning / Rolling Estimate Process.
- Innovation and Stage & Gates Process.
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.