Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Manager level generalist supporting communications efforts within the Coca-Cola North America Government Relations (Federal, State/Local and Diplomatic) function. This role will work with the Vice President of Government Relations, the Government Relations team, as well as the broader Public Affairs and Communications function including Region/Field Directors, the External Communications team, the Social Commitment team and Bottlers to support the overall Government Relations & Public Affairs objectives.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing communications strategies to inform media, policymakers, the diplomatic community and third-party organizations about company initiatives, policy positions, brand programs to improve company reputation with key policy stakeholders.
- Supporting Social Commitment team to help deliver key Character Story/Renew messages to elected officials and opinion shapers.
- Developing presentations, weekly/monthly reports and email updates (INFORMs) to educate internal stakeholders (Leadership, region teams, bottlers, customer teams) about the political landscape, the company's position on key public policy issues, and legislative and regulatory threats and opportunities.
- Developing one pagers and fact sheets to support the company's communications with policy stakeholders and advocacy efforts, including the annual industry fly-in.
- Drafting correspondence with key policy stakeholders on behalf of senior leadership.
- Leveraging digital advocacy platforms (Quorum) to track legislation, capture relationship-building efforts with key policy stakeholders, conduct grassroots outreach and share content and company news tailored to key stakeholders' interests.
- Broadening the Coca-Cola system's grassroots network by identifying opportunities to onboard new associates to Quorum; train PAC colleagues to use the platform and manage the day to day relationship with Quorum representatives.
- Helping maintain Government Relations calendar and identify opportunities to leverage activations with bottlers, region teams, and CCNA leadership that include speaking and thought leadership opportunities to improve company reputation with key policy stakeholders.
- Working with Government Relations' colleagues and Community Connections to ensure sponsorships are aligned with advocacy strategy and Character Story/Renew pillars.
- Supporting the Political Action Committee manager with internal communications and events to build awareness and support for our political engagement policy and drive participation in the PAC.
- Compiling lobbying disclosure data including lobbying activities, expenditures and trade association payments, and file quarterly and semi-annual lobbying reports.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in government, political and/or public relations.
- Curiosity, inclusion, and the ability to own outcomes.
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Highly motivated and task-oriented individual.
- Strong intrapersonal, organizational and time- management skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience with PowerPoint, excel, and Internet database management.
- Well-developed writing and verbal communication skills.
- General understanding of compliance laws regulating political activity.
- Ability to travel domestically--15% - 25% travel requirement.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.