Function Specific Activities:
This role leads the design and supports the continued development of a multi-year strategy (LRP) and integrated annual business plans. The Director of CCNA Strategic Planning will display exceptional business application and leadership as well as ability to work with and through all North America Business Units, key CCNA Functions & organizational levels. Equally important, this role develops and nurtures partnerships with Strategy and Planning Leads and EAs across all Functions in order to support outstanding development of winning plans. The focus of this role is on ensuring the appropriate development of key actions across the BUs that meet the strategic needs of the organization at an enterprise level and secondarily facilitating adequate wiring for robust strategy and business plan development. The individual must be able to work seamlessly and effectively with disparate requirements from different functions and integrate appropriately to create a comprehensive view of the plan for CCNA. This individual must be comfortable with challenging current approaches and proactively providing new solutions for improvement, as well as providing external best practices for strategic plan development. The individual should also be financially proficient, comfortable with analytics and modeling, able to quickly synthesize information, and comfortable with senior level leadership interactions.
This role reports to the VP, Strategy Development.
More specifically, this role:
- Supports the development of strategy and business plans in line with CCNA vision and multi-year growth strategy
- Leads the development, alignment, and implementation of a world-class plan development approach for CCNA, proactively and continuously seeking opportunities to enhance and streamline the process for further operational efficiency and agility across the organization
- Ensures integrated strategies/plans from BUs and functions are congruent with CCNA long term objectives and strategic aspiration
- Synthesizes BU and function plans into primary key drivers of the overall CCNA business for objective setting, focus, and performance management
- Improves efficiencies by proactively driving and ensuring necessary cross-functional linkages and ensuring the planning roadmap is synchronized and interdependencies (inputs/outputs) are properly orchestrated within and across BUs
- Project-manage and supports the development of selected strategic initiatives/projects related to the plan and deemed critical to accelerate profitable growth
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, engineering, or related field. Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MS), other advanced degree, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in the areas of strategy and/or business planning in consumer-oriented industries (e.g., CPG or retail), preferably in a business operating unit in a multinational or large company
- Knowledge and experience in Coca-Cola North America and/or bottling system is advantageous
- Advanced in strategy and business plan development, frame issues/solutions/action plans
- Ability to exert personal influence, build value-based relationships at all organizational levels, and collaborate with Functional teams and other key internal/external stakeholders
- Process design & implementation and change management expertise, excel at “connecting the dots” and systemic thinking
- Above average project management skills, including project scoping, brief development, and project team leadership to drive tangible results
- Effective communication
- Bottling and financial acumen (knowledge of P&L, key ratios, and balance sheet with focus on economic profit)
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.