Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Director, Shopper Connections Planning and Investment is responsible for providing critical thinking and thought leadership across top customer shopper connections planning. This individual will report to the Vice President, Connections and lead, inspire and unlock the best in a team of talented shopper connections planning associates.
The role is responsible for developing the right vision and model for delivering best in class holistic Connections Plans and maximizing effective Customer investments across paid, earned, owned, and shared consumer touchpoints. They will do this by understanding shopper and consumer insights, developing communication strategy and leveraging industry and communications marketplace knowledge for maximum impact.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for canvasing the ever-evolving connections external landscape and considering the best connections approaches for today and into the future to drive greatest consumer impact along the consumer's journey with key focus on the pre-during-post shopping experience. This position will be responsible for helping craft a new model of working with shopper marketing across internal, external resourcing, agency and vendor partners across connections.
This individual will be responsible for developing an annual team business plan, prioritizing the biggest opportunities across National Retail Sales (NRS) and Foodservice On Premise (FSOP) priority customers for maximum return and stewarding post reviews with an eye toward continuous improvement and innovation.
Function Specific Activities:
- Interprets business and consumer and shopper data to develop insightful solutions to business problems. Translates business objectives and priorities into strategic briefs that guide the agency's direction.
- Maintain strong pulse on external marketplace connections landscape. Identify and establish productive partnerships with external agency and industry partners. Serve as the accountable shopper connections agency partner leads.
- The ability to build a new model of working across internal/external resources and business plan for success.
- Actively participate in key brand and customer planning process
- Understand and communicate complex trends in the marketplace landscape and consumer media behaviour into clear consumer journey insights and recommendations.
- Identify, design, negotiate, and execute integrated marketing connections programs. Work with internal cross-functional team leads across Content, Shopper, Legal, Business Affairs, and Public Relations, to flawlessly execute programs.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
Related Work Experience: 15 or more years of relevant experience
Preferred Qualifications: Strategic thinking, strategy and brand development, marketing experience, with focused expertise in connections ideally. (e.g. Brand Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Shopper Marketing)
- Solid strategic thinking and ideation
- Strong business planning + business case development.
- Strong Leadership
- Strong Influencing Skills
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Project and relationship management skills
Years of Experience:10+ Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.