Job Description Summary
Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
This role within Marketplace Connections is responsible for providing critical support across all connections plans and media buys to ensure strongest investments and activation across all plans. This work is inclusive across brand connections plans as well as customer connections plans, and execution across key Strategic Partnership Marketing connections plans.
The role is responsible for support of the partnership with Connections team, Franchise Leadership and Strategic Partnership Marketing to enable the local extension of plans for maximum business value and ensuring investments are maximized and optimized for best results.
Creating a synergistic partnership with the bottling system will be critical for this position to be successful. The ability to analyze data to uncover insights that help drive bottler excitement is important to maximizing value.
The Marketplace Connections Manager will also lead the negotiations and full leverage of added value creation from the connections plans locally. Inclusive of: Print, Radio & OOH. He or She will also be responsible for partnering with the Connections partner agencies across Local Media and Strategic Partnership Marketing connections plans and buying.
Function Specific Activities:
- Interprets data to develop insights and solutions to guide future improvement.
- Experienced in marketing, media planning and/or buying; management of investment strategy across online and offline channels, with focus on the local media landscape opportunity.
- Serve as the day-to-day management of plan deliverables to ensure assets and activations are delivered in full for all responsible connection plans.
- Actively participate, influence and on-going knowledge transfer in key Franchise Leadership and Bottling community planning routines.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Related Work Experience: 3 or more years of relevant experience required; 5 or more preferred
Preferred Qualifications: Business acumen and marketing experience in areas of communication beyond paid media (e.g. Brand Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Public Relations, etc.); media planning and buying acumen.
- Develops new insights into plans and work that result in future improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Sets a Winning Example: Demonstrates integrity, including placing Company interests ahead of personal agendas; Makes sound decisions and follows through on them; Demonstrates passion for the Company and its products.
- Project management skills
- Connections planning and investment across paid and beyond touchpoints
- Superior Influencing Skills
- Adept data and analytics knowledge and application
- Strong Financial Acumen
Years of Experience:3-5 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.