Position Overview:Area Marketing Managers are brand-dedicated resources in our high-volume or complex, business critical markets. AMMs are responsible for leading agency resources (Agency Coordinators, BA's, Demo Specialists), hiring, training and managing staff, managing product budgets locally, developing event schedules and staff time sheets, overseeing logistics and managing storage unit and asset inventory in market.
Function Specific Activities:
Topo Chico® Sparkling Mineral Water is a Premium beverage choice that plays within the Mineral Water category, and it has been bottled at Source since 1895. It has a strong heritage, a true legend that speaks towards the virtues of the water, strong brand visual identity and differentiated positioning against regular Sparkling Water. The brand was introduced into the United States in 1987 focusing on the Mexican-American market. Topo Chico mineral water is sold in Mexico and across the United States.
MANAGE AGENCY RESOURCES, PRODUCT, AND COMPANY ASSETS
* DIRECTS AGENCY RESOURCES DAY-TO-DAY
* MANAGES PRODUCT AND STAFF BUDGET
* RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ON-SITE ACTIVATION IN MARKET
DEVELOP MARKETING PROGRAM CALENDARS AND SCHEDULES
* ORGANIZES AND COMMUNICATES BA SCHEDULE
*SCHEDULES DEMOS AND EVENTS
* PRODUCES AND UPDATES ACTIVITY CALENDARS
COORDINATE ALL PROGRAM LOGSTICS WITH EVENT, RETAIL PARTNERS
* CONNECTS DIRECTLY WITH RETAIL/EVENT PARTNERS
* CONFIRMS EVENT LOGTICS AGAINST AGREEMENT
* ENSURE RETAIL/EVENT PROTOCOL ALIGNMENT
LEAD ON-SITE MARKETING ACTIVATIONS
* LEADS ALL ACTIVATIN EXECUTION
*MAKES LOGISTICAL ADJUSTMENTS IN REAL TIME
*ENSURES BRAND MESSAGING QUALITY
*ENSURE LOOK/FEEL STANDARDS MET
Must live IN the designated market - strong geographic knowledge of the market is a must; familiarity with the surrounding region is a plus
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Communications, Health & Wellness or a related major
- 1+ years of Field Marketing or Brand Ambassador experience with budget accountability, ideally with a beverage or CPG company
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some early mornings, nights and weekends and some travel
- Must have a passion for Topo Chico® Sparking Mineral Water and act as a steward for the brand.
- Experience and a proven track record of success with event planning and/or project management
- Experience training & managing a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized, dependable, self-motivated & ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently, prefer autonomy and can deal with a wide range of personalities
- Strong technology skills - specifically knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, experience with internet research and social media
- A clean driving record
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to lift and move 50+ lbs.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.