Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The Finance Services Manager will provide financial support the DKO Sparkling brand team. The role includes volume forecasting and reporting, understanding and tracking key financial metrics, supporting innovation projects and providing financial insights to investment decisions, and spend. The position also requires an understanding of value chain models, discounted cash flows, ROI analysis, as well as experience with CCNA financial reporting routines and systems. Candidates should have strong communication, presentation, influencing and analytical skills.
With direct reporting line to the VP Sparkling and Marketing Finance, the role's primary responsibilities are to support the DKO brand team to carry out the primary responsibilities as outlined:
- Provide commercial finance expertise to the Brand marketing teams for new product/package/flavor launches, and financial support for the Stages & Gates routines.
- Collaborate with Brand, franchise and commercialization teams on commercial initiatives with Bottlers, and financial communications to the bottlers on new product launches and finished goods pricing
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including Marketing, Supply Chain, NPSG, RGM, Volume COE, Category and Commercialization, Knowledge and Insights to understand existing and new business opportunities and lead financial execution. Actively track return on investments and initiatives.
- Partner with DME COE to manage DME budgets with robust financial analysis, provide timely input and feedback; ensure effective and efficient investment decisions are made.
- Support with all financial routines including month-end close, rolling estimates, year-end close and annual business plan. Perform variance analysis, complete narratives and communicate key performance indicators in advance.
- Help to prepare/communicate total DKO monthly summary financial reports and narratives
- Bachelor's Degree and equivalent work experience in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics
- Prefer Finance/Accounting background
- MBA, CPA, or CFA
- Experienced commercial finance background with minimum 5-7 years of experience within packaged goods companies.
- Business Partnership
- Commercial and business acumen
- Understanding of supply chain and related financial arrangements
- Commercial and Value Chain Analysis. The ability to understand the competitive impact, the drivers of volume and levers of profitability, pressure test assumptions, provide options and recommendations on action plans.
- Strong ability to develop, maintain, and use financial models, templates, strategic and operational measures and software programs/systems in order to perform financial analysis.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present financial results to large audiences.
- Financial Policies and Procedures. Knowledge of the Company's financial policies and procedures including Standard Practices and Procedures, Standard Accounting Codes, Reporting and Budgeting, Code of Business Conduct, ISSCOM, as well as internal policies and procedures specific to area of responsibility (e.g., controller's group, fountain, operations, manufacturing).
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles.
- Business Planning / Rolling Estimate Process. The ability to apply forecasting techniques and skills to develop and evaluate business goals and strategies, analyzing information to derive insights and implications to initiate planning and/or re-planning, and controlling actual results versus budget
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.