Position Overview:A career at Coca-Cola South Pacific is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than working for the global beverage leader; it's an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career -- we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
As a global icon and keeper of the world's most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola South Pacific.
The tax manager will work closely with the Corporate Tax department to provide thought leadership for effective and efficient tax management for the South Pacific BU and covers 5 legal entities. This position will act as an advisory role in managing the BU's tax environment on a daily basis in close cooperation with the Integrated Services organization, Corporate Tax Senior Tax Counsel and tax advisors within the region. This includes developing clear and aligned tax strategies, tax policies, tax process management and tax governance including accounting. The Tax Manager will work with the business as a partner in providing clear and relevant business focused advice across different aspects of tax. The role involves stakeholder engagement and alignment with tax authorities and government bodies in different countries in the matter of direct corporate tax, indirect tax and working with different parties on issues of tax policy. The role will also include providing training in order to be proactive from a tax perspective and enhance compliance. The tax manager will be the point of contact for local tax authorities, coordinate local tax audits and work with external tax advisors on tax related matters.
Function Specific Activities:
Strategy Development - 40%
- Develop, implement and execute tax strategies for direct and indirect tax, while building effective relationships with the Integrated Services Organisation, key stakeholders at corporate, group and external tax advisors.
- Provide effective tax solutions that implement appropriate tax optimization opportunities for the business while adhering to all laws and regulations.
- In partnership with Corporate tax, responsible for driving BU tax planning & execution, enabling exceptional tax project delivery, operational effectiveness and governance across the BU including the setting up of Legal Entities.
- Work closely with external stakeholders in review of Tax Legislation and shape future tax legislation in ways that takes into account the system's interest.
Lead Tax Management (Execution) - 30%
- Develop and execute cost-effective tax strategies and policies encompassing continuity of operations, adherence to all relevant laws and regulations, maintain the highest standards for governance and support the Legal Entity Controller in tax accounting records.
- Manage tax programs across Region including partnership with the LEC to oversee and manage tax for service & holding companies.
- Work with the Legal team in contract preparation to secure adequate tax terms for long-term supply agreements in close cooperation with the procurement team.
- Manage multi-country tax complexities and optimization to support the business while ensuring perfect compliance and governance.
- Facilitate Tax training and partner closely with business leaders to ensure that they implement procedures to drive Tax Compliance and leverage on tax opportunities in order to drive growth within the business.
- Local point of contact for all tax related issues including requests / audits from the ATO and Inland Revenue. Work closely with the LEC in coordinating and resolving tax audits.
- Execution of tax strategies developed by Corporate Tax and provide support to the Corporate Tax Team.
Reporting and Monitoring 20%
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of FBT & GST returns.
- Work together with EY & Deloitte on the preparation of the FBT return and timely filing thereof.
- Assist Corporate Tax by ensuring accuracy and completeness of Income Tax Filings, working together with EY & Deloitte on the preparation of the tax return itself, regular update to Corporate Tax and timely filing on the respective returns.
- Review all workings and journal vouchers prepared by the Financial Accountant on monthly, annual and quarterly basis.
- Manage compliance with transfer pricing regulatory requirements, including annual updates of transfer pricing documentation.
- Ensure proper controls in place to ensure accurate reporting of tax, updating of SOX tax related narratives.
Best Practice Sharing 5%
- Ensure close collaboration with Global corporate tax and Group teams to deliver tax strategies and execution at the highest appropriate level.
- Benchmarking and best practice implementation through the other Business Units /Group/ Bottlers where applicable.
- Provide updates to the business and other Tax Stakeholders on changes in Tax Legislation and emerging tax issues in countries within the Business Unit.
Stakeholder Management 5%
- Represent the Business Unit and its entities with government authorities.
- Engage budget holders in tax strategies to maximize ROI from the investment and ensure adequate use of funds within the appropriate legal framework.
- Strategic Financial Consulting
- Tax Planning and Compliance (GST, FBT & Income Tax - for both Australia and New Zealand)
- Risk Management, Internal Controls (e.g. SOX, Segregation of Duties etc) and Auditing
- US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP (Australia and New Zealand)
- Advanced SAP and Excel
- Treasury Appreciation
- Analytical Skills
- Systems Thinking
- Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
- Compulsory that candidate has a University degree in Finance, Tax or related and is a registered qualified professional accountant (CA, CPA or equivalent).
Job Requirements:Technical Skills:
Strategic Financial Consulting
Tax Planning and Compliance (GST, FBT & Income Tax - for both Australia and New Zealand)
Risk Management, Internal Controls (e.g. SOX, Segregation of Duties etc) and Auditing
US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP (Australia and New Zealand)
Advanced SAP and Excel
Company Specific Behavior Competencies
Balancing Immediate and Long-term Priorities
Driving Innovative business improvements
Importing and Exporting Good Ideas
Setting a Winning Example
Understanding the business
Acting with Integrity
Influencing senior managers
Planning and organizing
Working with minimum supervision
5-10 years' experience in Tax compliance and oversight in Australia and New Zealand, including preparation of Income Tax and Indirect Tax Returns.
Working knowledge of Indirect Tax, GST & FBT
Strong Accounting knowledge, project management
Strong communication and capability to interact as a business leader in the business unit.
Experience in working with virtual teams.
Years of Experience:5-7 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.