The overall objective of this temporary position will be to perform a wide variety of tasks in the overall operation of the plant. These tasks will be in the materials handling, mixing and filling areas and will require a high level of computer literacy and physical effort. This is a Week-Ends Shift role and will report to the Operations Shift Manager. This is a shift role therefore flexibility is required.
- Safety - Compliance to health and safety procedures.
- Mixing - Weighing and measuring of liquids and powders, data entry, material movements, accurate data recording, mixing solutions and powders, in process checks, and maintaining a high level of GMP
- Filling - Operation of labelling and filling machines and in process checks, packaging material management, accurate data recording, and maintaining a high level of GMP.
- Materials handling - Movement of raw materials and finished goods, fork truck driving, bulk tanker unloading, cycle counting, inventory control, receiving and shipping.
- Operational Excellence - Support the Operational Excellence Programme and continuous improvement culture in Ballina Beverages.
- Documentation - Accurate completion of all necessary documentation. Ensure compliance to all documented procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements as outlined in the company procedures.
- Quality - Compliance to quality standards in line with GMP.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Good mathematical, mechanical and communication skills.
- Good computer literacy together with an aptitude to develop further computer skills.
- Comfortable working in a wet environment with chemicals, acids and powders.
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment and the ability to drive constant improvement.
- Organised, methodical, tidy and the ability to work in a controlled and structured way.
- Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
- Availability to work week-end shift work is essential.
- Pass Leaving Certificate or an equivalent qualification recognized by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland essential.
- Minimum of 1year experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment desirable.
- Excellent aptitude for Fork Lift Truck driving essential.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Aptitude for computers and demonstrated computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of SAP System.
- Excellent knowledge of GMP essential.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.