Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
The position will support the execution 360-degree campaigns to promote and enhance the reputation of The Coca-Cola Company's brands in North America with a goal of enabling the Company to conduct its business with minimal restrictions, through continuous planned proactive actions and programs executed nationally and in collaboration with our national field team. The job will be especially focused on brand- and business storytelling via multimedia channels and Coca-Cola Journey. The position will work closely with other PAC senior leaders and Centers of Excellence to strengthen and advance storytelling efforts around the Company's big brand initiatives, sustainability efforts and relationships with local communities, including promoting the voices of employees and system partners as active ambassadors for the Company and brands where they live and work.
- Position requires the effective management of resources and capabilities required (i.e. processes, systems, and environment) to consistently deliver high-caliber results.
- Build strong system relationships with key contacts in brands, community, customers and bottler's in order to increase their receptivity to the Company's proactive communication agenda as a tool to advance business growth and reputation.
- Execute communications strategies to support Company's business objectives with key audiences (e.g., consumers, customers,, bottlers, media, community leaders, employees, other constituents and stakeholders) to ensure effective communication on relevant business topics, events, procedures, processes, etc. to support meet business challenges, steward company culture and improve climate and collaboration
- Find innovative ways to position The Coca-Cola Company and its brands in the minds of our stakeholders through proactive storytelling efforts.
- Serve as a strong ambassador for the company's brands in every interaction with outside stakeholders to effectively convey the Company's message to relevant audiences.
- Advanced writing and visual storytelling across all mediums; project & budget management;
- Developing deep knowledge of the Company's issues and of the industry and its issues
- Proficient in supporting3600 strategies and program across marketing and PAC disciplines - addressing key business issues and all key TCCC stakeholders, including identifying long-term impact of initiatives and measures of success (e.g. KPIs),
- Proficient. Ability to adjust plans and alter course of action based on changing circumstances-Proficient. Presenting to and “reading” an audience, adjusting delivery and dialogue techniques as appropriate.
Functional Competencies (In addition to the TCCC Core Competencies):
- Prepare Q/A/Talking Points/Position Statements
- Research/Develop Story Ideas
- Manage Briefings, Spec Events and Press Conferences
- Respond to inquiries from or initiate contact with external audiences
- Monitor plan and execution progress by consulting and coordinating activities with customer and internal Coca-Cola constituents.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 8+ years related experience with exposure in media communications, internal and leadership communications and stakeholder/audience engagement
Years of Experience:7-10 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.