Position Overview:The Manager provides leadership and directs strategy for both Maintenance & Engineering efforts in support of plant's strategic and production plans. He/she leads short term and long term capital projects, automation and controls systems along with day to day Plant Engineering and Maintenance activities and team management.
Function Specific Activities:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages Engineering and Maintenance strategy for the site and lead capital and strategic projects.
- Develops annual budget and executes business plans, including the development & implementation of strategies, processes & programs.
- Lead capital projects and manage the capital spend start to finish along with managing internal workforce, contractors throughout the process and stakeholders.
- Manage the departmental workload and effectively plan day to day and also short and long terms initiatives.
- Responsible for supervision of maintenance team. Responsibilities include: the employing, the training, the supervising, the disciplining, and the discharging of the employees in the respective department; subject to the approval of the company.
- Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for various manufacturing specifications.
- Develop P&IDs and loop descriptions for processes, and/or equipment.
- Develop user requirement specifications & design, write, implement, test and document PLC and HMI software.
- Documentation of all schematic, diagram changes, and PLC programming Documentation changes to keep plant records current.
- Develop control system validation/testing protocols.
- Troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases Create, edit, and document batch systems recipes
- Creates and adheres to a work order planning and scheduling process; Ensure service calls and machinery repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Oversee plant projects and account accurately for expenditures for each project.
- Purchasing and Purchase Order control.
- Serve as a resource and a technical expert for the plant in all disciplines of automation controls for line, utilities support and process equipment.
- Performs training needs analyses, as appropriate, and initiates, develops, and/or coordinates the implementation of specific training and development programs for staff and associates.
- Continually reduces equipment downtime and increase availability through the establishment of a preventive/predictive maintenance program (including failure analysis) designed, directed, monitored and continually improved.
- Drive root cause corrective action for issues and continuous improvement in performance.
- Supports plant facilities and equipment maintenance to produce quality products in an efficient and profitable manner
- Responsible to maintain and repair all production equipment: pumps, Pasteurizers, homogenizers, process equipment, evaporators, dryers, valves, baggers, controls, etc.
- Responsible to maintain and repair all support equipment: boiler, air-compressors, refrigeration equipment, compressors, thermal storage units, condensers, vacuum pumps, air conditioning units, sewer meters, waste water systems, conductivity meters, water meters, etc.
- Be an active part of the emergency response team as prescribed by the company Safety Program.
- Oversee the fabrication and manufacturing of equipment for production needs; product and process piping, sanitary equipment, steam lines, chemical lines, pneumatic lines, etc.
- Establishes and maintains a stockroom operation that provides repair parts for critical process equipment as well as necessary consumables for the plant.
- Participates in, and supports, the safety and environment programs. Be the safety and environment champion as required.
- With the approval of management, enforce all company policies including working rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Notify about any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering, at least 7 years of industrial experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience in commissioning and startup of control systems
- Experience in the Food Manufacturing industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in the Dairy Industry is highly preferred.
- Experience with Aseptic or low acid filling systems is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Provincial, Federal regulations for a dairy manufacturing facility is a plus.
- Familiarity with dairy productions processes, Clean In Place, CFIA, DFO, OMAFRA, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance and legal pasteurization controls/requirements is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of GMP's and batch process control in the food science industry with validation experience is a plus.
- Strong Engineering & Maintenance experience and working knowledge of plant maintenance software, SAP preferred.
- Proficiency in commissioning and startup of control systems.
- Ability to work with engineers, external vendors, operators and management to manage projects and assignments is essential.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
- Proficiency with control system networking technologies and PC networking technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
- Proficiency designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs, SCADA or HMI systems.
- Familiarity with Canadian electrical and safety requirements
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Electric Code and international standards.
- Wiring schematic capabilities.
- Tolerance of ambiguity.
- Ability to develop and implement standard electrical and automation engineering practices.
- Working knowledge of national, provincial, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Proficiency reading and red-lining PI&D drawings.
- Programming experience with Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix and SLC500 PLCs, Siemens, Mitsubishi, etc.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley VFDs, ControlNet networks.
- Proficiency working with SQL Server, Oracle, or other relational databases.
- Proficiency with Visual Basic scripting.
- Familiarity with Endress + Hauser instrumentation (flow meters, level transmitters, RTDs/temperature transmitters, level probes, etc.)
- HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software packages Wonderware, Rockwell, Factory Talk, Siemens, US Data, etc.
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.