Position Overview:Why Join Coca-Cola North America?
It's an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company's flagship market. We're accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do - whether we're innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we're collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we're returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people - with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace - are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Coca-Cola seeks a Material Handler who is responsible for picking customer orders, inventory transactions, and effective stock-keeping operations within Flavor Manufacturing. This position works with other personnel involved in Production to receive raw material and finished goods, staging material for production. This position works independently to manage incoming raw material, transfers materials from external warehouses to our manufacturing plant, and ships finished goods to customers as necessary. The Material Handler is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all documentation, implementing continuous improvement in the warehouse, and meeting all customer service requirements, safety, GMP, and quality system standards. This person may also be called on to do manufacturing and other production related tasks. The successful candidate should possess good communication skills and proficient computer skills.
The Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Move raw materials and finished product within the warehouse or production facility,
- Using forklifts (flash forklift operator - sit down/stand up) or other warehouse equipment in order to supply production and/or facilitate shipping.
- Inspect facility (e.g., production, warehouse, service/installation) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain warehouse inventory levels in order to prepare for anticipated demand using available tools or technologies (e.g., forklifts, ERP systems, cycle counting, orders, and forecasts).
- Sort and set-up the daily production of orders by using a "pick, pack and ship" system in order to fulfill customer/client demand.
- Receive and document inbound materials and finished products for production and/or inventory accuracy using designated receiving procedures.
- Verify correct information on shipping documents/packing slips and in KO information system to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation on-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Print daily orders/production plans and distribute to appropriate personnel for picking orders or manufacturing.
- Perform final quality check/inspection for accuracy and visible damage prior to shipment to customer.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Responsible for moving product or materials in a production or warehouse environment using powered tools and vehicles.
- Operate industrial vehicles and equipment.
- Transport raw materials, full goods and/or finished goods to designated area.
- Load and unload designated trailers and/or route trucks. -Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Move product and/or materials manually as required. Utilize WMS computer systems to for all warehouse functions, SAP is a plus.
- 1+ year prior warehouse/stocking/forklift experience preferred.
- Previous experience within high-speed industrial environment a plus.
- Ability to operate a manual /powered pallet jack, sit down and stand up fork trucks.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Forklift certification is required.
Related Work Experience:
- 0-3 years
- High-School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.