Position Overview:This role is a key member of Coca-Cola Canada's (Coca-Cola Ltd. & Minute Maid Canada) legal team, with a primary role in the development, drafting and negotiation of customer and marketing agreements, and ensuring compliance with marketing and advertising policies. The successful candidate will work closely with sales and marketing executives to develop customer relationships.
Further, this individual will review and prepare other documentation and filings to ensure the Company's ongoing compliance with laws, regulations, and Company standards and policies.
Function Specific Activities:
- Develop agreements, correspondence, memoranda and other documents, with or without the use of templates, taking into consideration the business needs of the Company and legal implications
- Independent drafting and negotiation (with appropriate guidance) of complex customer and marketing agreements with customers, consultants and other contractors
- Assist business clients in developing key business terms of agreements to comply with law and produce desired business results
- Review, edit and comment on agreements and other documents drafted by others (e.g. business clients, other Company lawyers, customers, other parties, etc.)
- Review and approve advertising and marketing materials to ensure legal compliance and minimize potential Company liability
- Ensure priorities are effectively handled by modifying plans and actions in area of accountability
- Communicate work status and outstanding matters to relevant stakeholders to keep them informed and involved
- Maintain and develop legal subject matter expertise in relevant practice areas
- Explain contractual relationships to clients and counsel clients on the implications of such relationships on Company strategy and risks
- Conduct legal and business-related research
- Post-secondary education, Law Clerk diploma certification, ILCO certification, or equivalent
- Knowledge of contract and corporate law
- Must be customer-focused and capable of developing positive client and customer relationships
- Must possess strong drafting and precise language skills
- Must be an excellent communicator and capable of negotiation strategy and tactics
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and able to prepare own documents and files, usually without secretarial support
- Must have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and highly professional
- Must be highly organized, and able to effectively manage multiple matters and competing priorities in a dynamic environment
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.