Position Overview:The Franchise Manager provides System leadership to our bottlers and our employees across functions to achieve system profit, volume and share objectives. He or she also leads the development of the strategic plan and the implementation of the business plan, operations plans, and the bottlers' business plans.
Function Specific Activities:
Business Performance / Budgets:
- Achieve volume, profit and market share objectives as per BP.
- Manage assigned OPEX budgets
- Collaborate with marketing and bottlers to set DME and operations budgets
Strategic and Business Planning
- Lead long term planning (Vision 2020) with our bottling partners
- Develop and implement 3 year strategic plan and annual business plan
- Develop and ensure execution of annual business plan with bottlers.
- Lead bottler relationships and build value based and strategic “win-win” relationships with System partners at all levels up to and including bottler senior local management
- Coordinate with senior management of different bottling companies to align on all key priorities
Customer &Commercial Leadership
- Ensure development and implementation of customer and commercial leadership plans
- Lead the overall brand / price / pack / channel plans to maximize revenue generation
- Manage brand mix to maximize brand profitability and trade pricing according to brand / package contribution priorities
- Ensure execution capability transformation through planning for market success (PICOS, OBPPC) and right execution daily (RED, required RTM design)
- Lead our organization, implement our organizational strategy, and drive employee engagement
- Coach and develop KO associates to maximize full potential
- Institutionalize Bottler (System) training and capability development initiatives
Corporate citizenship 5
In partnership with PAC, drive the development of our PAC strategies and ensure execution of PAC programs designed to enhance the external image and reputation of TCCC
D. COMMUNICATION COMPLEXITIES: Indicate the level, purpose and complexity of the communications inside and outside TCCC. (Examples: Across business unit, groups or global communications; Dissemination of information internally, externally or mixed; Negotiations with one party internally or multiple parties externally, etc.) Include any Company spokesperson responsibilities.
Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with:
Within The Company
- General Manager
- Franchise and Commercial Leadership Director (direct manager)
- Director and Regional Managers in the Marketing, Finance, Technical and PAC MER functions
- Interaction with MENA BU functions
Outside The Company
- Bottler Senior Local Management (Gain commitment to and execution of plans) and Bottler Senior Management at headquarter level
- External stakeholders (government, media, professional organizations, suppliers, customers) at the appropriate level
E. ANALYSIS: Describe the types of problems this job must solve to perform successfully. Is the process well defined, or must this job develop new approaches to solve these problems?
- Priority setting within expanded framework of responsibilities
- Rapid execution of decisions through internal management process
- Need to maximize efficiencies, decision making and learning vertically within the KO and Bottler Partner System structures and horizontally across markets
- Alignment of System Partner and KO planning priorities and timing
- Alignment between the different bottlers
- Analysis of acquisition opportunities
F. JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Describe the nature and impact of decisions required in this job. Distinguish between recommendations made to someone else and decisions where this job has final authority. Indicate involvement (if any) with ABP and OBP development and execution.
- Responsible primarily for the development and execution of both the system strategic plan and the system business plan
G. INNOVATION: Indicate this job's responsibility for new processes, systems, or products.
- Expected to work collaboratively with all functions to develop and leverage innovations in the market to drive sustainable growth.
- Leads system alignment
- Builds system health
- Balances immediate and long term priorities
- Deliver results
- Drives innovative business improvements
- Develops and inspires others
- Imports and exports good ideas
- Sets a winning example
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Building Value Based Relationships especially with Bottlers at senior level
- Building Sustainable Organizational Capabilities
- Problem Analysis / Problem Solving
- Sustaining operational excellence
- Soft Drink and KO system understanding
- Franchise or Sales leadership capability/experience
- Customer & Commercial Leadership capabilities
- System economics
- P&L management
- Project Management
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.